Thread: after market head unit - R36

after market head unit - R36

so, in my infinite wisdom, i had the headunit in the car changed to a sony unit

it's nice and fancy with carplay and digital radio and all that jazz.

steering wheel controls work, but they can't get the reverse camera working.

so they wanna rip out the factory camera and put in some after market unit.

my thinking is that because the it came with dynamic guidelines, there must be some way for the camera to talk to the steering, then fed it the display unit.

assuming that the feed is working (which is was before we ripped it out), is there a module or a black box or a witch doctor i need to make it work with the aftermarket unit?

Yep, I think you need an Aerpro (pricey - around $200+) adaptor, or you can try this ebay style one https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...jfzWk33Ab5gd-r

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

thanks for the link

i asked the guy who did the install and he tells me that it's the same unit he's tried and we're getting no joy...

any other options? $200+ is a little steep...

This one might be what you are after and only $44 (+shipping?) : XTRONS CAMDCV01
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!