Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting parking sensors in B7 Highline

Users Country Flag

Adjusting parking sensors in B7 Highline

Had a battery replaced a year or so ago and since then the distance lines on parking assist are away out.

EG if im reverse parking it shows im 600mm away when really Im about 300mm away from whats behind me.

Is most annoying so today when getting my airbag recall done I asked for it to be adjusted

They inform me it cant be so does anyone with a Rosstech cable know if it can be via VCDS

Thanks
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    It can be done, but the calibration sheet needs to be printed; It is very large (same width as the car and looks like a giant domino).
    I successfully calibrated a CC controller to work with my B7

(Edit) Just reread you post, was thinking the lines on the camera. not sure if the PDC distance can be changed I will test it out on mine.
    Last edited by MIG; 04-03-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    It can be done, but the calibration sheet needs to be printed; It is very large (same width as the car and looks like a giant domino).
    I successfully calibrated a CC controller to work with my B7

(Edit) Just reread you post, was thinking the lines on the camera. not sure if the PDC distance can be changed I will test it out on mine.
    Yes its the camera lines that are wrong as when Im 300mm from something the lines show im further away and I want to get them correct before I reverse into my garage wall

Users Country Flag
    Are you referring to your reverse camera guidelines, or your park distance controller (ultrasonic sensors)?
    If it's the highline reverse camera then yes it can be calibrated using the big domino calibration board and ODIS.
    If its the PDC sensors then there is no calibration routine. The parameters are set per vehicle type with a parameter set. Dealer can do this using SVM, or third party tools like VCP can do so.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Are you referring to your reverse camera guidelines, or your park distance controller (ultrasonic sensors)?
    If it's the highline reverse camera then yes it can be calibrated using the big domino calibration board and ODIS.
    If its the PDC sensors then there is no calibration routine. The parameters are set per vehicle type with a parameter set. Dealer can do this using SVM, or third party tools like VCP can do so.
    It s the camera lines THey show me as being further away than I actually am. I had battery replaced and its not been right since. MAybe I said the wrong thing today as I said the sensors needed calibrating when its the camera isnt it

Users Country Flag
    Yes the highline camera module can be calibrated.
    Local dealer can do this.
    Or print out the calibration board and run the routine in ODIS, vcds or VCP
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes the highline camera module can be calibrated.
    Local dealer can do this.
    Or print out the calibration board and run the routine in ODIS, vcds or VCP

On testing in my garage it seems its within tolerances and as the dealer has quoted 2 hours to adjust it I think i will learn to live with it.

If I reverse into garage and stop with the red line at Junction of the floor and the wall its about right but if i reverse up to a car it apparently reads under the bumper and therefore can get closer before signalling audibly I shall just have to watch more closely I guess

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to butt in on your thread, but does anyone know how to adjust the volume of the PDC warning beeps?

On my car its extremely soft and difficult to hear?

On my bmw you just turn the stereo volume button whilst PDC is activated to adjust volume, doesnt work for the B7 Passat this way...

Dont know as mine were quite loud enough. Hows your hearing generally I have probs with high frequencies and cant hear them so well but can hear the audibles in the car OK

My B7 does not have rear view camera fitted. however, I had a similar problem with PDC lines sometimes ago and even park assist controller was also confused with distance measures. Steering was turning too soon and driving the vehicle on to the kirb couples of times while parking. (I was not sure if Kirb sensors were also affected)

As Kamold suggest, settings/measurements are specific to vehicle and my problem went away itself and I remember I had a small hatchback (suspect its a view of a Golf) looking vehicle was displaying on my RDC radio display instead usual station wagon.

I don't know why this has happened, but it worked itself out after a few driving cycles.

Maybe its worth to check the settings in some of the controllers, I could recall there are specifics for setting the vehicle type, ie- sedan, Wagon etc..

hope this help.
    Las

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast