Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adaptive Cruise retrofit

Users Country Flag

looks CRAZY!

Well done mate!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Maybe if I needed to replace the windscreen I'd consider it....need a CC windscreen with the camera mount to do it.
    If I get itchy again once the thrill of the chase dissipates I'd probably look at getting the camera from the B8 and 3D printing a new mount...it has been done...
    Please do so I can send some cash your way to do it for my cars lol

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Think I've got the radar pretty close to aligned correctly.
    It's picking up cars at about 80m at approx 60km/h and locking properly. Slows down and then front assist warning comes on once it gets close at about 30km/h.
    Very disconcerting at first, have my foot hovering nervously above the brake peddle. Have a highway drive coming up next week so that's going to be good to test it properly.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    That sounds about right, front assist has saved me rear ending a car lol

You must be hearing that abs pump working away also when it automatically brakes

Users Country Flag
    Greatest thing since sliced bread on the highway. Only thing is that in QLD it holds you a bit far off the car in front and sometimes the usual tailgaters try to push you even at the closest setting. Wish that could be adjusted a bit.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    That sounds about right, front assist has saved me rear ending a car lol

You must be hearing that abs pump working away also when it automatically brakes
    Yeah with my foot hovering on the brake, I can feel the pedal pulling away from me
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Greatest thing since sliced bread on the highway. Only thing is that in QLD it holds you a bit far off the car in front and sometimes the usual tailgaters try to push you even at the closest setting. Wish that could be adjusted a bit.
    You can adjust the distance to the car in front with the little dial on the cruise control stalk. It has 5 settings - very close, close, medium, far and very far.
    Last edited by kamold; 09-06-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Users Country Flag
    That's true however I've found the same as Hillbilly with people squeezing in on the highway at the closest setting

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    That's true however I've found the same as Hillbilly with people squeezing in on the highway at the closest setting
    Ah I see. I've yet to experience that but I suppose they have to err on the side of being conservative. To be honest its probably a suitable setting, just Aussie drivers are all useless...

Users Country Flag

I haven't found much of a difference between the basic settings options also, not sure if you guys have yet?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast