Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adaptive Cruise retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by adey88 View Post
    Nice work! I don't know what's more amazing, the patience to do all the work and not give up or the technical skill to piece it all together!

I'm guessing you do a fair bit of highway driving to warrant this? I doubt all the parts (and your time) were cheap?
    Thanks
    I don't do a great deal of highway driving. It was more of a challenge to see if I could pull it off.
    The parts costs are very variable. I did it pretty slowly partly because I was prepared to wait for the right price on parts to come up.
    I sourced parts from all over the world.

For example the radar module itself is about 2000Euro new but I managed to find one in the Netherlands for 200Euro.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Interested in the price of the radar module because a couple of months after I bought my car someone bumped the module with a towbar and put some divots in it. VW wanted $348 for ONLY the plastic cover . I got some cutter and an electric buff and cut it back till they were gone. Glad they didnt damage the actual workings
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Interested in the price of the radar module because a couple of months after I bought my car someone bumped the module with a towbar and put some divots in it. VW wanted $348 for ONLY the plastic cover . I got some cutter and an electric buff and cut it back till they were gone. Glad they didnt damage the actual workings
    The radar cover is one of the parts that you kind of have to get new. They are very hard to find because they changed for B7. It's a different part.
    I got mine from Europe for about $100.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Nice job! I was looking into to this and side asset retrofitting a while back, starting with a B7 nearly fully fitted would make the job a lot easier than what you had may just give it a try ... my OCD wants every option
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Yeah starting with a B7 is a far less painful exercise.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Awesome and astounding, no one else would even contemplate it! Your patience is never ending.

Congratulations on getting this going.

I admire your stupidity

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Adaptive Cruise retrofit

Great effort to continue on to the end after a fair bit of work, which has now paid off.

Time to start the lane keeping assistant retrofit lol

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Congratulations on getting this going.

I admire your stupidity
    It knows no bounds...

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    Great effort to continue on to the end after a fair bit of work, which has now paid off.

Time to start the lane keeping assistant retrofit lol
    Maybe if I needed to replace the windscreen I'd consider it....need a CC windscreen with the camera mount to do it.
    If I get itchy again once the thrill of the chase dissipates I'd probably look at getting the camera from the B8 and 3D printing a new mount...it has been done...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast