Thread: 2013 Alltrak Timing Belt and Water Pump change

2013 Alltrak Timing Belt and Water Pump change

Hi all

Yes another thread on timing belts! TBH I was shocked to realise this vehicle has a belt and not a chain but anyway I digress
    I’m up to my 7th year, only on 75,000 kms tho but my mechanic has recommended to do the changes now.
    He has quoted 1400 for the change including minor service. Minor service I think is approx 300 so 1100 for belt and water pump

Interested in peoples thoughts on the timing of this as well as costs.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds a good price Mine cost $1513 inc a service and yes it should be done at 7 years regardless of Km's
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    At the risk of stating the obvious - the consequences of the belt failing don't bear thinking about

Yeah about what I was quoted after 64,000kms...so I traded it in and got a new one

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mc_Gusto View Post
    Hi all

Yes another thread on timing belts! TBH I was shocked to realise this vehicle has a belt and not a chain but anyway I digress
    I’m up to my 7th year, only on 75,000 kms tho but my mechanic has recommended to do the changes now.
    He has quoted 1400 for the change including minor service. Minor service I think is approx 300 so 1100 for belt and water pump

Interested in peoples thoughts on the timing of this as well as costs.
    Given VW/Audi's track record with timing chains, you should count yourself lucky your car has a timing belt. The 4 cylinder TDI engines have been timing belt for ages. Only the petrol 4 cylinder engines have moved to timing chains in the past 10 years or so.

And $1,100 seems to be the normal $ cost for a timing belt and water pump service on a 2.0TDI engine, plus any additional servicing the car might need at the same time.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler