Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 R36 - transmission jerk when moving off

i've been quote 3.5 - 5.5 depending on if the mech unit needs to be swapped out. if i do it, will swap out all the mounts as well while it's apart.

kinda of a "might as well" situtaion.

Users Country Flag
    Lots.
    Mecha I'd say you'll be up for 3-4 hours, clutches is gearbox out so a day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Hmm ok. Add $200ph dealer labour and 10% GST and that should give you the total cost.

Quote Originally Posted by minorityracer View Post
    How many KM's on your car?

Keep in mind that this is one of the earlier DSG's. They were a very new concept at the time.

I'm only guessing here but clutch pack would probably be a few thousand, mechatronics unit would be $5-7k.

You mind find that the behaviour improves with a relearn, or if you try using the Auto Hold.
    so, i was wondering if gearboxes for VW are interchangeable? if so, might go hunt for a newer one?

Users Country Flag
    Yes they are, but the ratios need to be same (ie engine/gearbox combination dictates the gear ratios).
    So if you get a gearbox from any other R36 you will be fine.
    R36 has shorter ratios than B7 FSI V6 Highline for example even though the driveline is essentially the same - for better 0-100 times.
    So you can get a gearbox complete from any R36 and swap it over. Nothing further to be done in terms of calibration, coding etc.
    Or you can get a mechatronics from any PQ platform DSG6 car, then flash it with the correct software for R36 and then perform basic settings to learn the clutch and gear characteristics.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

i was more thinking along the lines of being able to put in a new model of the box.

possible?

Users Country Flag
    It won't have the correct ratios. Yes it's possible to put a different gearbox in with different ratios, but it will need some custom tuning of the TCU software to get it to work properly.

ok, sounds like too much mucking around for no real benefit...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes they are, but the ratios need to be same (ie engine/gearbox combination dictates the gear ratios).
    So if you get a gearbox from any other R36 you will be fine.
    R36 has shorter ratios than B7 FSI V6 Highline for example even though the driveline is essentially the same - for better 0-100 times.
    So you can get a gearbox complete from any R36 and swap it over. Nothing further to be done in terms of calibration, coding etc.
    Or you can get a mechatronics from any PQ platform DSG6 car, then flash it with the correct software for R36 and then perform basic settings to learn the clutch and gear characteristics.
    Hi Kamold, isn't there a difference with the DQ250 gearbox in the MY10.5 R36 or is this just the mechatronics?

It would be great to know the actual ratios of the gearbox and the final drive? I've never seen this information anywhere.
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC, RVC, BT 9w7, Tint and Factory Towbar.
    Atlantic Blue MY19.5 Golf GTI
    Options: Luxury Package and Sound & Style Package.

Users Country Flag

Gearbox is the same.
    Only mecha is a different rev.
    I have the ratios somewhere will try and find them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12