Thread: '09 R36 Variant - New Buy

Users Country Flag

'09 R36 Variant - New Buy

Hey,

I am just in the process of buying an '09 Passat R36 wagon, its done 101,000km, 1 owner previously in NZ, was a Jap import, came into the country in 2018. I assume this means is a B6?

I am getting pre-purchase inspection done on it tomorrow, fingers crossed its all OK and there are no problems, or at least nothing major at all.

Does anyone know if there is a Haynes manual available which covers the R36? I have had a look but I cannot find one yet, I see older manuals, but nothing in this year range and nothing for the R36. Any ideas?

My plan is to get an Autosure mechanical warranty (I'm in NZ), which hopefully will help with any issues that might come up in the next few years.

Is there anything you can think of I should be servicing ASAP, or should specifically ask for the pre-purchase inspection to look for? I would assume they would cover most things though, its an Autosure VIP repairer its going to, and they deal with European vehicles.

DSG and Haldex, what is the service interval for these?
    Spark plugs, intervals and type? NGK ILZKR8A sound right?
    Anything else critical that needs to be checked or changed, other than normal engine oil/filter, air filter, etc ?

From what I gather its completely stock, other than someone in Japan fitted an Alpine VIE-X088 head unit, so a number of things are stuck in Japanese. From what I gather, its not able to be changed to English either.

Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for all the replies - lol.

Pre-inspection checked out good, very nice car apparently.

Was due for a service, front brake rotors need resurfacing and new pads, Wiper blades, one of the front park lights was blown, Brake fluid needs replacing. So I have approved the purchase and I am flying up to collect it tomorrow. All this work is being done on it now.

One thing that was noted is 'Oil seepage from bell housing'. Is that the rear main seal or something most likely? ie, Engine out...

Excited level through the roof, cannot believe this is becoming a reality. This has been on my radar for years and now I finally get one.

Other items checked: PLACED VEHICLE ON HOIST, CHECKED STEERING ,BRAKES, SUSPENSION AND DRIVETRAIN COMPONENTS.
    CHECKED UNDERSIDE OF VEHICLE, EXHAUST,BODY AND TRIM. CHECKED LIGHTS, INTERIOR, CONTROLS, HEATER AND AIRCON, WIPERS, SEATBELTS AND DOORS. CHECKED ALL FLUID LEVELS AND CONDITION OF RUNNING GEAR. ROAD TEST VEHICLE.
    Last edited by WanaGo; 06-03-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Congrats and welcome.