Skoda Rapid 90TSI Ambition DSG: $21,890
    Skoda Rapid 90TSI Elegance DSG: $23,750

2014 Skoda Rapid Spaceback features, model by model:

77TSI Ambition
    1.2-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine
    Six-speed manual transmission
    Six airbags
    Electronic stability control
    ISOFIX child seat anchor points (outer rear seats)
    Bluetooth phone and audio streaming
    16-inch alloy wheels
    Cruise control
    USB and media input
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel, handbrake and gearknob
    ‘Swing’ radio system (not touch screen)

90TSI Ambition
    As above, with:
    1.4-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine
    Seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission

90TSI Elegance:
    As above, with:
    17-inch Camelot wheels
    Rear parking sensors
    Climate control air-conditioning
    Tinted glass
    Auto headlights
    Auto wipers
    Cornering front fog-lights

The Czech-made hatchback can be optioned with a Style Pack that costs $2100 on the Ambition grade and $1800 on the top-spec Elegance. It includes 17-inch alloy wheels, a full-glass panoramic roof and glass tailgate, darkened tail-lights, blackened fog-light housings and black mirror caps.

There’s also a Sports Pack that can be optioned in addition to the Style Pack (as seen on the car in these images) or on its own. It costs $1600 for the Ambition variant and $1000 for the Elegance model (or $1400 for the Ambition and $1000 for the Elegance if the Style Pack is already fitted), and includes xenon headlights, front sport seats, rear parking sensors, a double-sided boot floor mat, tinted glass and stainless steel pedals

Users Country Flag
    And they go ahead and put the stupid DSG in any model except the base one, after realising that people didn't want it in the polo gti.......

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    And they go ahead and put the stupid DSG in any model except the base one, after realising that people didn't want it in the polo gti.......
    I'm with you Clay ..... how dumb can their product people be!!!!! OMG I have given up with VWA (and I incl Skoda in that).

I wanted a small sedan with lots of goodies, a petrol engine (90TSI please) and a MANUAL gearbox. Went ahead and bought new elsewhere from another manufacturer as I got an early whiff of this model set-up. Pity as the Rapid looks good and was on my shortlist.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

The 90tsi doesn't come with a manual ANYWHERE. So there is your answer.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    The 90tsi doesn't come with a manual ANYWHERE. So there is your answer.
    ? My 90 TSI does.
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    ? My 90 TSI does.

We aren't talking about a Golf though.

Users Country Flag
    I test drove a 90TSI Ambition on Sunday. Not a bad package actually - current pricing makes them a good buy. It drove fairly well, 90TSI is a decent engine. DSG worked well, but I felt that the DSG in the TSI required a different driving style to the TDI in our Superb (or maybe it was just the charctristic of Petrol v Diesel). I wouldn't choose the Style pack myself, as I don't want the glass roof, but was going to go for the Elegance and the Sports Pack (Xenons etc).

I didn't buy, and have decided not to buy now - purely because I have done 2,200km since Jnauary (work in the City and commute on public transport, and Uni is only 10kms away when in session) and honestly couldn't justify replacing my current car. For the money it is a very good package. Didn't even intend on test driving as we were at the dealer to look at another Superb and cross shop with the Audi dealer on site, but thought it was worth a test drive at the very least. If Skoda can pull customers in away from the likes of a Cruze etc, it has the potential to do well. Will it steal sales from Golf? Probably not. I also test drove a 90TSI Golf on the same day, and in all honesty, if I were to change my Forester now, I'd probably sacrifice the bells and whistles of the Rapid for the base Golf. It felt slightly more polished than the Rapid.
    Last edited by aware; 04-07-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Users Country Flag
    If you look at the specs the Rapid is running on the old platform, not the new MQB platform of the Mk7 Golf and still runs the old range of 1.2 & 1.4 engines of the Mk6 Golf, not the new alloy long stroke TSI engines of the Mk7 Golf with their better torque spread and better fuel consumption. Look at what you get in a base Mk7 Golf for $21490 (or $22990 driveaway) and the only reason the Rapid could sell is on price. You'll certainly be getting an inferior car for it. Even the updated Polo is getting the new range of TSI engines, touch screen, instruments and steering wheel from the Golf. I still like the Rapid's looks, size and specs though. Nicer than the Fabia and can see it appealing to a Skoda fan.
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    If you look at the specs the Rapid is running on the old platform, not the new MQB platform of the Mk7 Golf and still runs the old range of 1.2 & 1.4 engines of the Mk6 Golf, not the new alloy long stroke TSI engines of the Mk7 Golf with their better torque spread and better fuel consumption. Look at what you get in a base Mk7 Golf for $21490 (or $22990 driveaway) and the only reason the Rapid could sell is on price. You'll certainly be getting an inferior car for it. Even the updated Polo is getting the new range of TSI engines, touch screen, instruments and steering wheel from the Golf. I still like the Rapid's looks, size and specs though. Nicer than the Fabia and can see it appealing to a Skoda fan.
    That promo has finished for the Golf, however all other points are valid. I found after test driving the Golf it was the better all round package. As a Skoda fan, even I'd pick the Golf.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Users Country Flag

Has anyone bought a Rapid and if so what are your impressions, particularly in the ride and noise? I'm looking at moving from a 6R Polo. I feel the Rapid is bit more low rent inside but the vision and space inside makes up for this and is the main reason I'd be buying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast