Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Rapid

Skoda Rapid v Kia Cerato : Comparison review | CarAdvice

which model would you get?

the review says its noisier than a Kia Cerato.

Skoda Rapid Spaceback 2013 review - CarBuyer - YouTube
    Last edited by pologti18t; 06-10-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    PArking test was stupid and near where I used to live. Wasn't the car, it was the driver. Stupid inner-city hipsters.

Kia is now 7 year unlimited KM warranty wit 7 years roadside assist which is quite compelling
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Kia is now 7 year unlimited KM warranty wit 7 years roadside assist which is quite compelling
    ...and it sounds desperate. My neighbour has 2012 Cerato and I've replaced the rear brake pads for him, what a badly designed set up of the rear brake hoses and the brake callipers.

IMO, the Hyundai and Kia are very low tech cars, where the emphasis are on outside looks and not much else. They can only compete on price. But hey, that's only how I see them.

May be desperate, but at least shows confidence in the product.

I can see it appealing to a lot of non car people
    MY07 Red GTI 3 Door

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    ...and it sounds desperate. My neighbour has 2012 Cerato and I've replaced the rear brake pads for him, what a badly designed set up of the rear brake hoses and the brake callipers.

IMO, the Hyundai and Kia are very low tech cars, where the emphasis are on outside looks and not much else. They can only compete on price. But hey, that's only how I see them.
    Your assessment is probably close to the mark but for non-car people that just want trouble-free motoring & no surprises the marketing is appealing.

My circle of friends have their kids at an age where they are buying cars (usually with a major subsidy from parents). Kia Rio (??? The little one) has been the choice by many of them. Brand new with (what was then) 5 yr warranty. 15k/12m capped price service. 6 airbags. ABS, ESP, bluetooth & iPod compatibility.

A mate got one for his daughter & got significant change out of $14k.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I have a 2011 Santa Fe, compared to Mazdas especially, they are still a long way, but the following model closed the gap. The diesel and gearbox in it were all new designed by ex Euro engineers from the VAG and other marques. Those bits were why I got it. Otherwise it's a reasonable car, but there are little niggles here and there which Hyundai service guys just say you have to accept.

Users Country Flag
    I went for a test drive in a Rapid Elegance with the style and sport packs. The ride is too harsh for me as every bump was heard and felt plus set off rattles in the car. I don't think the 17" wheels with 40 aspect tyres helped. The engine noise etc was fine. The interior is a big step backwards from the Polo and surprised to see a seat lever back rest adjustment instead of a wheel.
    Last edited by rabbitz; 14-10-2014 at 08:09 AM.

I have ordered a rapid spaceback 90 with style pack. Didn't notice a harsh ride but then I'm coming from a tradie ute. Lots of legroom and headroom in the back for adult passengers was the big selling point for me.

I would have gotten a Rapid over a Polo on the basis of space and value for money. But other family members prefer the smaller shopping trolley and the more powerful engine with manual transmission.

I suspect VWA is going with the numbers, since buyers in the main worldwide prefer auto transmissions. I guess that fits with all the other "auto" gadgets in modern cars - lights, wipers, dipping mirrors, hill start, braking, etc. The VAG DSGs (assuming bug-free) are speedier and more efficient that manuals. I have rented a few DSGs in recent years and have been impressed that the gear selection is as good as I'd want to do manually.

I am very confident of the build quality of the Czech-built Skodas (see notes on the Skoda factory tour in the Yeti thread). Will be interested to suss out how our coming Polo compares.

BTW, I really like seat lever backrest adjustments, since they are speedy to move around esp to recline or carry bigger things. Historically, such seats have grown up in 2/3 door cars to let the rear seat passengers in/out.
    2015 Polo Comfortline 6M + Driving Comfort Package
    2011/11 Yeti 103 TDI 6M + Columbus media centre/satnav
    (2008 MY09 Polo 9N3 TDI retired hurt hail damage)

Users Country Flag

We have a Rapid as a second car, totally under rated, lots of room, comfortable and all the safety gear. Not sure why Skoda Australia have such a problem selling them.
    Happy owner of an Octavia RS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast