Thread: DSG grinding noise

Users Country Flag

DSG grinding noise

Hi,

My DSG makes a grinding noise (i.e. when driving a manual and don't push in the clutch far enough when changing).
    It happens when driving away from stand still (hot engine) at i.e. traffic light and changes from 1st to 2nd,
    I guess it's the prep of the 3rd gear.
    It happens about once or twice on a drive of say 40 min, mainly after 30 min.

I brought it into the VW/Skoda service and the mechanic thought he knew what it was,
    they did something (clutch pack?) but issue is still there so back next week.

They say it's not a problem, but I need to be assured it doesn't wear anything.

I recorded the noise here:

Has anyone heard about this problem?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by saschamonteiro View Post
    Hi,

My DSG makes a grinding noise (i.e. when driving a manual and don't push in the clutch far enough when changing).
    It happens when driving away from stand still (hot engine) at i.e. traffic light and changes from 1st to 2nd,
    I guess it's the prep of the 3rd gear.
    It happens about once or twice on a drive of say 40 min, mainly after 30 min.

I brought it into the VW/Skoda service and the mechanic thought he knew what it was,
    they did something (clutch pack?) but issue is still there so back next week.

They say it's not a problem, but I need to be assured it doesn't wear anything.

I recorded the noise here:

Has anyone heard about this problem?
    Hi, have you found out what it was? my car has the exact same noise going into 3rd on deceleration.

Users Country Flag

Hi, Have these issues been resolved? I have a 110TSI Mk7.5, just spent $8,000 having the gearbox overhauled, new clutches and flywheel. 86,000 kms, still on original tyres and brakes!!! Been in "discussion" with VW Australia about goodwill claim. No joy because there are no fault codes. Problem started with bearing noise from the transmission correlated with road speed. Both output shaft bearing failed, but no fault code. Local VW dealership claimed it to be wheel bearings. Well the noise that alerted me to the problem has gone, but the perfectly good wheel bearings remain. Oh, and the price of the bearings...$571 each plus GST from VW, $236 plus GS from Tooley Imports (same product FAG Germany). From the people that bought you Dieselgate! Like to hear from anyone else with similar DQ200 DSG issues.