Thread: WTB - Mk1 Golf for Project

WTB - Mk1 Golf for Project

Hello,

We'd like to start a new project and we've got our hearts set on a Mk1 Golf.
    Unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on how you look at it) a non-molested, good condition example is incredibly difficult to find, so I am hoping that posting here will trigger some sort of cosmic intervention and our Mk1 will appear lol

Anyway, if anyone is considering selling or knows of one being sold that fits the following criteria, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know!

- Petrol
    - Manual or Auto (not fussed)
    - 3 door preferred (but could consider 5)
    - Running order
    - Good condition (with as little rust or dents as possible)
    - Victorian location preferred (but willing to travel interstate for the right car)
    - Not horrendously expensive

*fingers crossed*

Thanks, Bec.
    Last edited by she_dub; 27-09-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    MY12 Scirocco R - slightly not stock :rolleyes:

Users Country Flag
    Have you checked Gumtree? There's a few there.

Users Country Flag
    I've got one I might be willing to part with, unless I keep hoarding it.
    The original FS post is here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f23/1979-mk1-golf-neat-$2800-ono-60862.html?highlight=1979+Beige+Mk1+w%2F1.8
    I bought it over myself, had it RWC'd and registered in Victoria right up until I figured coilovers weren't gonna work with a pregnant missus.
    Currently has mk5 front seat covers/padding on the original seat frames, debumpered and with coilovers and chassis bracing added. Switched to an OMP rally steering wheel, put an mp3 cd/usb head unit and speakers. Stripped the interior back to reseal it from rust and put new carpet in place at the time. Everything removed or changed is still in the car.
    Has been sitting outside under a cover for a while, and I last started it back in March of this year. Tyres still pumped up so it hasn't been too exposed.
    Had it tuned (new jets) and dyno'd (77kW at the wheels!), new CVs and a few other bits when I bought it. Cost me about another $1,500 to get it registered when I brought it over, and I probably put in about another $1500 to get it how it is.
    Also have Rallye fender arches I never fitted.
    Rust? Rust is present on the front valence. I've got a spare of that, too - combined with the existing, it should be enough. Where roof-rails attach to (that rail/seam thingie) has some surface rust.
    Still has the MSD ignition system.

I'm a realist, though - I'm not expecting to see $5k here. Let me know via PM if you're interested. It's located in 3037. If I charged the battery, it'd probably be right to drive, so a vicroads permit might be adequate to get it home instead of towing it.

Mk1

Hi Bec
    I have a white 4dr Mk1 5 sp, 2L if you are interested. Motor is a bit smokey though, not sure why. No rego and minimal rust, a bit around taillights and one A pillar. Still have 1.6 & 4speed if you want to make it original. Located in Canberra though. I can give more info if interested. Dash has no cracks, one of the hard plastic ones.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by she_dub View Post
    Hello,

We'd like to start a new project and we've got our hearts set on a Mk1 Golf.
    Unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on how you look at it) a non-molested, good condition example is incredibly difficult to find, so I am hoping that posting here will trigger some sort of cosmic intervention and our Mk1 will appear lol

Anyway, if anyone is considering selling or knows of one being sold that fits the following criteria, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know!

- Petrol
    - Manual or Auto (not fussed)
    - 3 door preferred (but could consider 5)
    - Running order
    - Good condition (with as little rust or dents as possible)
    - Victorian location preferred (but willing to travel interstate for the right car)
    - Not horrendously expensive

*fingers crossed*

Thanks, Bec.