Thread: VW Tiguan 5N 2011 125TSI 4Motion - APR 2+ and DSG Tunes/Mods

Users Country Flag

VW Tiguan 5N 2011 125TSI 4Motion - APR 2+ and DSG Tunes/Mods

Hey guys,

Edit: price drop - just need to move this guy along! $14’900

For sale is my Silver VW Tiguan 2011 125TSI with APR 2+ stage tuning, mods and DSG Tune. Has 149'900kms on the clock. Rego until 29 Sep 2021.

Bought in 2016 from an enthusiast 1st owner who had most mods done as soon as warranty expired in 2013 with Gary from Harding Performance. The following mods are included:
    1. APR K04 2.0TSI TRANS fitment inc DSG and ECU Tunes
    2. APR 2.0 Intercooler
    3. APR Rear stabiliser/sway bar
    4. Porcelain front and back brake pads
    5. TSW 18" matt black low profile wheels
    6. Magnaflow resonator and J-pipe
    7. Varex muffler and twin tips (controllable exhaust noise with remote)
    8. Hi-flow cat
    9. Front chrome grill delete with carbon fibre-like wrap (which is slightly peeling now due to age)
    10. Rear tail light tinting (which faded and disintegrated with sun exposure, so has been removed with some mild housing blemishes on original lights)
    11. Rear parking sensors (3rd party)
    12. Aftermarket daylight running LED lights (which are starting to fade)
    13. Aftermarket wheel arch flares (one of these is not stuck quite as snugly as the others, but isn't noticeable).
    14. OBD read-out LCD integrated into Drivers Airvent (for b-o--o---o----o------o----s---t)

Dealer included mods are/were:
    1. Front fog lights
    2. Bluetooth phone connectivity (currently disconnected due to updated media unit)
    3. Comfort package (Auto sensing wipres and rear-view mirror dimming, cruise control)
    4. Media device interface (in centre console - also not connected currently).

My mods:
    1. RCD330+ carplay/android auto media unit
    2. Giantz Universal Roof Racks
    3. Trailboss towbar with 7pin flat plug
    4. Reversing camera installed (integrated to RCD330).
    5. Blacked out VW badge (what? haha, it's cool ... )

All services have been carried out regularly with documentation. New minor (oil) service is due in the coming weeks. All tyres replaced 2019. Haldex and DSG oils have been serviced twice (once before I purchased in 2016 and again by me in 2020). Has gone through 3 water pumps (original broke at 99'000 like every other Tiguan's I suppose - like clockwork, haha). Then went to alluminum after replacement OEM broke - but this wasn't specific to this engine so it couldn't keep temps sufficiently stable and eventually leaked, and has just been replaced (under warranty, thank goodness) with another plastic OEM this month. Also had tension belt done this month. Turbo has been a bit leaky (since I bought it) so I top up about 1L of oil in between services.

Latest dyno in 2020 gave a 177.1kW at the wheel. Was 204kW in 2013 when originally converted to APR K04. Will attempt to attach dyno sheets.

Facts about how it's been driven... It's a semi-performance car, so I have given it a bit of stick here and there (on ramps, occasional show off to friends, and the odd "surprise, this soccermum-car picks up faster than your lowered caboolture commo SS"). Almost ALL of Km's are highway - drives to coffs harbour and GC and SC. I lived within 3mins of work for most of owning this car. I have never used launch control, but it does have it. It has never been offroad (although I am super curious about how it would have fared). I have loaded the inside with ALL kinds of renovation materials; I cannot stress enough how versatile this car is and I have loved every single minute that I've owned it. Subsequently, the insides have scratches and blemishes consistent with age and use. The exterior paint has various blemishes with very small clear coat spots, and one small chip at the front grill region. Rear tails are blemished and front lights are faded/tarnishing. Most cosmetic issues would be easy DIY fixes for those with time/knowledge.

It's nearly a 10 year old car, with serious mods that are nearly 7 years old. All things considered, it's humming along quite nicely. It's priced accordingly, and I'm negotiable for fair offers. She has lots of life in her I believe, but I am not a mechanic, just an enthusiast. So much so, that I replaced her with a MY19 Tiguan Allspace!

I've tried to be as honest as possible to help with new buyers I think it will make anyone new to EA888 VW family totally smitten.

Asking price is: $15’500 and takes into consideration base car value, mods, condition/KMs and current rego until Sep 2021.

Thanks guys!

James

imgs:
    VW Tiguan 2011 5N 125TSI - FOR SALE - Album on Imgur

edit: Car is located on the sunshine coast (4556)
    Edit 2: just had it’s complete clean inside and out by Clean Getaway and is looking a million bucks!
    Last edited by Letslogin; 09-02-2021 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Location