Thread: MY16 Scirocco R DSG White

Users Country Flag

MY16 Scirocco R DSG White

My wife and I sold our house in the 'burbs and bought in Teneriffe where most things are walking distance. We really can't justify having two "newish" cars that hardly get driven. She just traded her Polo GTI for a new Mini Cooper S (ripper little car) and I am going to just sell mine and then see what happens. Maybe I'll get really fit riding my bike to work, and save my money for my dream car, an old Porsche 911.

• MY16 Scirocco R DSG [facelift model with mk7-esque styling] (Late '15 build, complied 2016, first registered July 2016)
    • White
    • 45,xxx kms
    • Always serviced on time at VW dealer, has already had its 45k/3yr service
    • Rego through to July 2020
    • New battery about 6 months ago
    • Excellent condition inside & out, I get it professionally detailed at least once a year
    • Never been in an accident or had any damage or repairs done
    • 5 year unlimited km VW factory warranty, still has almost 2 years warranty & roadside assistance left, fully transferable to new owner
    • Racingline VWR Springs - lowered ~35mm (will also provide stock springs)
    • Harding Performance Stage 1 tune (can be removed and replaced with stock software if you have warranty concerns)
    • RamAir cold air intake (will be fitted with stock intake for RWC but will provide the RamAir with the car)

It has been 100% reliable, the worst thing that's happened was a flat battery. Has never missed a beat, not even so much as a warning light. Previously I had a mk6 GTI that had more than its fair share of problems (coils blowing, engine failure, steering rack failure) so to my delight the Scirocco has been flawless. Being built on the older mk5 platform and with the older but very well proven EA113 engine, it is pretty bulletproof. It isn't as smooth and refined as the later platforms (mk6/7 GTI/R), but having either driven or owned those cars as well, I can say without a doubt that the Scirocco is a far more engaging and fun drive. Whilst the Golf R is obviously an awesome car and slightly grippier with AWD, the Scirocco is 60kg lighter, 50mm lower centre of gravity, 50mm wider track, and more aerodynamic - so it's no slouch - you'd have no problems keeping up with a similarly tuned Golf R around a circuit.

I still get random people coming up to me and asking me what it is, and commenting on how awesome it looks. Every time you walk up to it or see yourself driving it in the reflection of a shop window, you'll be reminded of exactly why you bought it. It's cool, and even people who know nothing about cars won't mistake it for a garden variety hatchback like they might with a Golf R, Audi S3 etc.

These are all the reasons why I bought it instead of a Golf R, which was my other choice at the time after I had methodically crossed off my list the Megane RS, Focus RS, and Mustang GT - for various reasons.

Not in a hurry to sell, so if you need some time to sell your car first or get finance or whatever, that's fine. I'm happy to hold it for a month or two for a $500 refundable deposit. I don't currently have a RWC but will get one. I'd like to see it go to a fellow enthusiast who will appreciate and enjoy it.

Price: $32,000

I will entertain reasonable offers, but I have priced it fairly compared to others of a similar age/kms.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited by Tobes_WIR35; 14-09-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Hope it goes to a good home. Scirocco is probably the most fun/engaging car to drive that VW has made.

GLWS

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Hope it goes to a good home. Scirocco is probably the most fun/engaging car to drive that VW has made.

GLWS
    Thanks mate, and totally agree. If VW made a 2 door version of the Arteon and called that the new Scirocco, there's a good chance I'd get one!
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Its a shame VW dropped this model after only a short time here in Aus , we saw one of the second generation Sirroco,s back in 1984 whilst on holiday in the UK . There was a press release at the same hotel we stayed at down on the SE coast of the UK and I was very impressed with it then but typically VW Au seemed to thing the Bora and Passat would be beter options so for 25 plus year we missed out on a great car .

Last week my wife's office relocated to a couple of blocks away from our house, so she walks to work and her brand new Mini now sits in the garage. Thus, I am now more motivated to sell the Scirocco. It makes no sense having 2 cars now.

I would consider offers around $30k. Prices for equivalents on Carsales are in the low to mid 30's but I'm not being greedy, just chasing enough to cover what it's going to cost me to get out of my lease.

Bump - price drop now to $29,000
    Previous:

* * * sold * * *