Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK1 worth having

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Didnt you just give away your Mk1?
    Yeah I did, was just asking the question incase someone wanted to know...

Only The Good Die Young 45
    For a better ride, go WIDE!!!
    VS Commodore V6 Berlina- FOR SALE
    1979 Golf Mk1- http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...one-92128.html

Users Country Flag
    G'day is this bad boy still for sale?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The 4 dr in Canberra

This is my car and its still available. I have had some interstate interest, but it needs a bit of cleaning up for rego and thats a bit hard from interstate. Tyres are very low and flat, but i have the original wheels that came with it when i bought it about 6 years ago and the tyres are good, though pretty old now 175 x 70 x 13 from memory. A bit of rust in the A pillar that i cleaned up and it looks to have stopped. Some rust under the rear taillights that is new, wasnt there a few years ago and probably from being under a tarp for a few years. I stripped the inside when i got it and the floor is good, it got new enamel paint on the floor and new tarry panels as well.
    I drove it for a year or so stock standard and it was a good commuter, driving from QBN to Belconnen every day. I then decided to put the 2L motor in it. It has a diesel tank for the EFI and ss flxible break lines - very hard pedal. Just as i finished all that work, i found an immaculate 2dr kjet and then lost interest in the 4dr. I Drove it from QBN to Weston about 3 years ago and thats where its been since. Last time i started it, it was blowing a lot of smoke, so not sure what that is and worse case the motor might need some work. I was going to revert it back to stock as i think its more marketable like that, but really just want to sell it. It has an excellent hard plastic dash, no cracks, new carpet and reupholstered rear seat. It also has lowered spax springs. I have given a guy in victoria first option on it, so would have to check with him first. PM me if you want a look.
    Graeme

Users Country Flag

Gave you a PM Graeme

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12