Thread: 76MKI- 1.8 16v in a 1976 mk1 2 door ls.

Users Country Flag

76MKI- 1.8 16v in a 1976 mk1 2 door ls.

SOLD- please delete.

So here she is. For sale. I had bought this to work on over here but it's become apparent that I just don't have the time that this little beauty deserves.

The engine swap was carried out by Eddie Conacher and co down in Tassie and was a pretty decent home swap. Wiring was an issue as we're a couple of other things. Thankfully I have had all of these issues fixed and it is now running well. I'm told this engine has a lot of potential.

I'm getting rid as I've bought another more reliable car and don't have the space for this one. Here is a little blurb and some pics:

She's running alright now. Mk2 16v engine, maybe from around mid 80's? Possibly English? Chassis is Aussie though. Had it dyno'd and its producing 81hp at the wheels apparently. Goes alright like, makes a hell of a racket too haha. Nice and crisp.

The k-jet has been retuned and a lot of the perishable parts in the bay have been replaced. All electrics are great and there's a new MSD 6A ignition control.

It's also got a nice gti dash in it off Speci3 (I think?) off here, cheers pal, looks ace and all works fine. Also put a nice (NOS) four button Gti steering wheel in.

Give me a shout if you want anymore info or pics (give me an email address). I've got invoices for all of the work I've done to it (a lot) and can arrange viewings no worries.

Looking for around $5000 for it which is probably less than its worth after all the work it's had done recently. Negotiable on the price but dont take the piss.

Also! I have some parts left over/ not in use:

Mk1 speedo and tachy
    Steering wheel (bit naff)
    Porsche 7 Slots 16x7/8 5x130 ET52
    Last edited by BonsaiTiger; 11-09-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: SOLD
    # 76 Mk1 16v In Progress # 2011 6R Polo GTI *Sorely Missed*

Users Country Flag
    sorry to see you letting go of it.
    Old Enough to Know Better.
    2013 Jetta tdi
    1998 Porsche Boxster

can you plz email me to orgnise a time to see it. mcgaughey.chris@gmail.com