Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1998 Seat Ibiza Cupra GTI

1998 Seat Ibiza Cupra GTI

Well with too many cars in the driveway I have to sell a couple. This has been my second car now for about 5 years and it just hasn't been getting driven. It is basically standard except for a K&N air filter and having the hydraulic clutch conversion done which makes the pedal nice and light compared the original cable operation. I have also fitted a remote to the central locking. 242,500k's on the clock. The engine is strong and economical.

The interior is pretty good. I replaced the panel around the A/C vents which seems to crack and fall apart on these. Everything works and I intend to sell with a road worthy (safety certificate). The car is pretty straight. It has some minor dings similar to hail damage in size etc. and one dodgy repair on the drivers side rear panel that I never bothered getting fixed because the clear has pretty well disappeared from all of the horizontal surfaces roof, etc.

Asking $2,100 but this is a serious attempt to sell. It would make a great first car or first project car. I would have no hesitation in driving this car to Sydney tomorrow if it I had too. I have had a couple of people trying to get this off me just to get the engine and gearbox but I would much prefer to see it go to someone who wanted to show it some love.

[IMG][/IMG]

2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Users Country Flag
    Too cheap.

These cars are extremely undervalued for what you get and it's not until you drive one for a while that you realise just how good they are.

Unfortunately most of them get pulled apart for their mechanicals to go into MK1 and MK2 Golfs. If only someone did a body kit to make them look like a MK1. Then they'd be worth a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Too cheap.

These cars are extremely undervalued for what you get and it's not until you drive one for a while that you realise just how good they are.

Unfortunately most of them get pulled apart for their mechanicals to go into MK1 and MK2 Golfs. If only someone did a body kit to make them look like a MK1. Then they'd be worth a fortune.
    Yes thanks for that. I believe they should be going up in value like the Mark 2's. IMHO they are much better than a MK 2 because they are 2 door and already have the engine and running gear and are that little bit more modern. I have to sell though. 4 cars is just too much rego and insurance. The ABF is such a great engine, torquey and yet will run to 7,000 rpm and give good economy too. Not to mention great air conditioning for here in Queensland. Certainly better than the Polo GTI.

I think this is the car I wanted years ago.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Too cheap.
    Agree, but this is always true => if you can't afford Audi buy VW, if you can't afford VW buy SEAT LOL...

Hi mate, I had a Ibiza 8v model that was turbo charged, nice little car. I am interested in the Cupra you want to sell. Transport to WA is a bit much though. if you are negotiable let me know.
    Cheers

I have had some interest in the car. The rego runs out on the 15th of December and my asking price reflects that. Obviously this would not concern interstate buyers. As mentioned above this is a genuine sale due to my having four cars. I have a set of used KW V2 coilovers that were on my previous Cupra that would make it handle really well without overly affecting the ride. They can be part of the sale, for extra of course.

Good value for what it is mate. Good luck with the sale. If I was up there and needed a car I would probably be handing you some cash.
    Mk3.Mk4.Mk1
    My Mk1 Project

Quote Originally Posted by madglf3 View Post
    Good value for what it is mate. Good luck with the sale. If I was up there and needed a car I would probably be handing you some cash.
    Thanks. Well the registration is being paid today about $350.00 for 6 months. It's still for sale and I am negotiable.

Users Country Flag

What a Cracking little car!! always wanted one of these when i was in the UK, but they were pretty sort after and the supply was low, so this pushed prices up and i couldn't afford one. How rare are they here! if you still have it, i would be keen to have a look, as i want to get a hill climb/track car and this would be awesome. I live in Brisbane 4159. Drop me a message and we can go from there.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast