Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1976 Passat LS 4 Door.

Users Country Flag

If I wasn't such a golfer, I would be onto this.
    77' MkI Golf GLS - VR6-T Project Compression
    79' MkI Golf GLS - 2L ABF ITB's Wolf3D
    09' MkV Golf R32 - sold

terryd Guest
    Yes - confirm that is still for sale. Would drive to Melb if you wanted a good look and you're genuine (I need to do something in the big smoke sometime soon so could justify the trip). And I love the drive in the Passat what's more - pity no twisting roads tho.

terryd Guest
    Let me know if genuine interest.
    Last edited by terryd; 02-06-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry my Mk2 has had a prang this is off the cards. Good luck with the sale...Beautiful car.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Terry has been back in touch with me and would like to offer the car for sale again.

I really am now trying again to sell the Passat to someone who wants one and is able to look after it and keep it going - I don't want to junk it !!!

The car looks much the same as it did in the photos above - it has been garaged since then and only on the road for occasional club runs and 'second car' use when needed. Compressions are 180/180/180/ 120.

The car is not 'original' as it has a replaced dash (in good condition)/ small steering wheel/covers on rear seats - because of non-matching upholstery, Interior roof lining is 'mottled' (don't know why). Bodywork is still clean though.

I have a RWC 'First Examination' report and there are still some outstanding things after I fixed new tyres/lights - The main problem ones for me - if I was to try for a RWC - being steering rack boots/ windscreen. But no big deal for an enthusiast with restoration know how to deal with some oil leaks/wipers/pass door not opening from outside. I can share this 'First Examination' report with anyone who may be interested as things progress.

The spotlights fitted to the bumper-bar are a pair of Marchal 'Fantastic' ca. mid 1960s (type 660/760). I have seen postings on the web for the genuine item (not the reproduction ones) varying from $400 to one US Bonham's auction listing of $US $600 - $800 a pair.

So, I would like to sell it without RWC and would like to get $1500 for it. Of course, being road-registered it could be driven from Bendigo to the place of a new owner before de-registering it, as it runs really well. Of course it is available for inspection here in Bendigo to verify the online pics and old posted descriptions by you/Jodie? (I would even drive it to Melbourne for example, it I had a definite commitment/ie deposit but I wouldn't want to do that unless I was fairly sure that I had a definite buyer.
    Terry's keen to see this go an enthusiast that will keep it on the road and look after it for years to come.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    Forgot to mention in my contact with Peter that the genuine factory manuals (2 volumes) are still around and are part of the deal. The inside 'cooling' fan is no longer there and there are different (better matching) back-seat covers. The pics are otherwise pretty much spot on.

Users Country Flag
    that is a lovely early Passat. is there any movement from 1500?

Users Country Flag

Movement?

Quote Originally Posted by notch65s View Post
    that is a lovely early Passat. is there any movement from 1500?
    Not much. What sort of movement are you looking for?
    $1400 with me taking the classic 660/760 Marchal spots off- but then there would be two small holes in the top of the bumper that would need to be covered/plugged over in some way if you are really fussy about smooth chrome bumpers.
    Spots are off now so that is the present price.
    Last edited by terryd; 07-06-2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Change of description of sale item

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12