Thread: K70l

Users Country Flag

K70l

hello and thanks to peter jones for pointing me in the right direction here. regarding this car we have owned it since the mid-80's, and even though we used it heaps then, you can see from the photos it is off the road these days. i had to tiptoe through the snakes to take these photos so any more pics will have to wait for a really cold day.

the poor old car looks a bit worse for wear now, the weather has taken it's toll. in the good old days we used to commute on a 200 km round trip to work and she was a real autobahn cruiser, well ahead of her time.

so there you go the mystery car in all its glory! thanks from littlebear.

K70l-2014-03-28-14-18-17-jpgK70l-2014-03-28-14-17-31-jpg

Users Country Flag
    That's awesome!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

awesome?

i dont know how awesome an old beast is when its covered in moss and lichen. (whats the best way to strip the lichen off the glass without stuffing the paint too much?)

i have been trying to scan an old 1971 car magazine to put up a review for the k70 when new, but cant get the scanner and operating system to cooperate... one more try....tried to take a photo but that didnt work either.
    • K70l-k70-scan-jpg
      i managed but it came out too small ?this is so frustrating!
    Last edited by littlebear; 01-04-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Users Country Flag
    What are your plans for the car? It would be great to see more of these back on the road.

For the Lichen, I'd just start by washing it normally and seeing how much comes off. On the glass I'd just use a razor blade to scrape it off.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

oh what are my plans for the car..um er... you could say im conflicted regarding an expected outcome for the old girl. i would love to jump in and do all the fixing and replacing but i dont have the skills. i can definitely clean the exterior so thats where im going to start. for now thats my plan, as i read all the stories on this site and dream.

oh boy how time flies. we are now in october and staring down the barrel of christmas.

i havent done one thing to the k70. my better half has been in hospital and recuperating from spinal surgery- all good, but no energy left to play with old cars. the executive command will be issued soon to "get rid of the car-im sick of looking at it-tow it away to the wreckers-etc."

i have tried to interest the offspring with the fun and excitement of restoring old volkswagons and im met with a blank gaze. hes only into ford/holden and 4wds.

so do i wreck the poor old car ? or does someone out there come up with a jolly good idea from an alternative universe??

littlebear signing off for now, awaiting some enthusiastic replies from interested vw lovers.

Users Country Flag
    Hi littlebear,
    How goes it with the k70?
    Hope you didn't wreck the poor thing?
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Quote Originally Posted by golfmeup View Post
    wreck the poor thing?
    Amazing answer here. I just can't stop my smile.