Thread: Any K70 in Australia?

Any K70 in Australia?

Hi guys,
    Are there any K70's left in NSW or Australia?
    I've got a bit of a sweet spot for them, as I grew up in Switzerland and my parents owned one when I was a kid.
    Currently I'm more into classic BMW's, but would certainly love to know about (and may be own?) a K70.
    I found it very hard to find some information about them in Australia, I guess they were never officially imported into Australia, maybe just a few private imports?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by befau View Post
    Hi guys,
    Are there any K70's left in NSW or Australia?
    Cheers.
    In the latest Aust VW magazine there is an article on the K70 that is in Aust. I only had a quick look at the newsagent
    but, if I got it right, it is one of two known to be in Aust.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    In the latest Aust VW magazine there is an article on the K70 that is in Aust. I only had a quick look at the newsagent
    but, if I got it right, it is one of two known to be in Aust.
    Great Tip, thanks. Unfortunately all newsagents I've tried haven't got the magazine. Looks like they are more interested in Lotto tickets than magazines.
    Could you confirm that it was edition 77 (http://www.vwma.net.au/?k=77-cover)? I'll try to order it somehow...
    Cheers.

Sorry , I missed your post. I will check the local news agent in the next couple of days.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,

I had a look tonight & the one you need is the current mag., Feb - April '23.

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    I had a look tonight & the one you need is the current mag., Feb - April '23.
    Great, thanks!
    Now I just need to find a newsagents who sells any. Still haven't found one yet!
    Also queries to the Magazine via their website or facebook haven't been answered yet. Feels like they don't want anyone to read them.