Definitive Car

Thread: Schmick club scratch & dent memberships value for money?

Users Country Flag

Schmick club scratch & dent memberships value for money?

Hey all
    put and order down for a Tiguan R yesterday and of course introduced to the accessories department at the end who were pushing this "scratch & dent" membership Memberships - Schmick | Scratch & Dent Assist Memberships. On the face it of it seems pretty good $880 for 3 years coverage (4yrs $1020, 5yrs $1290) advertised as a mobile service that comes to you at $50 for each repair.

Wondered if anyone had any experience with them? Or thoughts on value for money?

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I had two large stone chips fixed by a local franchise guy for $100, who came out to my workplace and showed me his custom paint mixing setup even that he used 2k paint with a hardener.

Paintless dent removal is a bit more of an art; I also have found a local guy that been doing it for the last 20 years, costs a bit but well worth it, was $200 for a dent in my boot lid where the body line was.

If you don't want to do all the research and find a good place to get it done, it might be an ok idea.

But it sounds a bit like a ming mole plan, which assumes that people either forget or can't be bothered to use the plan due to the inconvenience of organising the repair etc.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes its a ming mole thing haha.
    Yeah I think I might take it up as I have zero paint/ detailer contacts in Melb South East in my experience ive always paid $300 or more for stone chips and dents because ive just gone the crash repairer my insurer uses
    Last edited by mindfriction; 04-11-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Waste of money Think about it If you have a $600 Excess and dont have a claim for 3 years you are ahead of it. Who do they use to do a $50 job. Bet it wont be anyone flash.

Is just like the $1500 for paint and polish that they get done for $500 and rip you off.

Ming Moll (As in low class female Not MOLE) told me she could do far better than anyone else for insurance because they have a"special separate fund" Yeah right Quote was just under twice the price of what I already had for an agreed value policy. She also tried the Schick Slick or whatever route so I told here to save her breath and got up and walked.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

That's Really Inappropriate, Keep your Personal views to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Waste of money Think about it If you have a $600 Excess and dont have a claim for 3 years you are ahead of it. Who do they use to do a $50 job. Bet it wont be anyone flash.

Is just like the $1500 for paint and polish that they get done for $500 and rip you off.

Ming Moll (As in low class female Not MOLE) told me she could do far better than anyone else for insurance because they have a"special separate fund" Yeah right Quote was just under twice the price of what I already had for an agreed value policy. She also tried the Schick Slick or whatever route so I told here to save her breath and got up and walked.