Definitive Car

Thread: Pomponazzi Graphene - new coating

Users Country Flag

Pomponazzi Graphene - new coating

Hello, fellow newbie here!

I've been researching the various paint protection coatings for my new car and was going to go for the Pomponazzi 880xx or 880x. The detailer I've been speaking to has highly recommended the Pomponazzi Graphene which is a new product (just released in Australia in Dec, I believe).

Has anyone heard of this or have any experience with it?

Thanks!
    LadyAlthea
    2021 - PRES: Golf R Hatch 7.5 MY20 - Indium Grey Metallic
    2015 - 2021: Golf GTI Hatch 7 MY16 - Carbon Steel Grey Metallic

Users Country Flag
    I have heard of the brand Pomponazzi although im not sure how popular it is in Australia. Graphene is a new product in the automotive paint protection world and only started to become available about mid way through last year.

Too be honest, most of these coatings are quite similar in terms of performance and durablility - you cant really go wrong. Just bear in mind that all of these coatings need to be reapplied every so often (varies in time from one brand to another) so it's an ongoing cost.

One thing I would suggest is that you are looking to pay $1k or thereabouts for one of these coatings, not not have the dodgy detailers at the car dealership apply it. Find a car detailer somewhere convenient to you and have them prepare the car and apply the coating for you.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Lucas_R, I had heard that Pomponazzi 880xx glass coating being really good but just not sure how it compared to their graphene coating as I can't find any information on it.

It is a bit cheaper than the 880xx ($1900 vs $1550) so maybe I'll just take the risk. It has the same warranty as well from what I've told.
    LadyAlthea
    2021 - PRES: Golf R Hatch 7.5 MY20 - Indium Grey Metallic
    2015 - 2021: Golf GTI Hatch 7 MY16 - Carbon Steel Grey Metallic