Definitive Car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opticoat V Ceramic Pro - VIC

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dptiggie View Post
    Thanks. Saw that, agree the look is great.

I’m keen though to hear how that sort of protection (and others) has gone after the passage of time, from someone who stores the car like I will need to - out on a busy road with the birds, trees, grime and dust. Wondering how it holds up in those conditions. And wondering if it would only hold up over time if regularly cleaning and washing.
    I have mine coated in pomp and in similar environment to yours i.e bird poop, sap, dirt, dust, no shelter ect
    It works great but like any coating you must clean it to maintain the coating a wash once a month is fine the rest of the time just a blow off with a hose or pressure wash
    I would also recommend a clay bar clean once a year
    But if your just going to let the poo and sap ect sit there without cleaning don't waste your money nothing will save your car from total neglect any paint/coating needs maintenance to continue looking good
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Have you considered a full clear wrap for the car? Will cost more but better protection.

Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    Have you considered a full clear wrap for the car? Will cost more but better protection.
    Nope I haven’t come across this before. Will do some research. If there’s a good thread you’re aware of, let me know..

Users Country Flag
    Xlpe is the good one

Users Country Flag
    My mk7.5 is coated in ServFaces which is a ceramic coat and my RS245 in BRILA which is a glass coating... I do find my RS245 looks very slick and glossy however the ServFaces coating seems to be superior when it comes to beading and ease of washing. The mk7.5 lives out on the street and cops a flogging during the day at work from a dusty build site and birds pooping on it nearly everyday. The coating on this car is so good I can do 2 to 3 touch free wash (snow foam then hit with a gurney) before I actually hand wash it using a 2 buckets method every 3rd or 4th wash.
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Any recommendations for detailers on North West side? I've contacted the guys at amazingdentsanddetail, and they've quoted just over 1k for the Opticoat application, but prep/wheels/paint correction will add up to a total of nearly another 1k - which was a bit more than what I wanted to spend.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WallySimmonds View Post
    Any recommendations for detailers on North West side? I've contacted the guys at amazingdentsanddetail, and they've quoted just over 1k for the Opticoat application, but prep/wheels/paint correction will add up to a total of nearly another 1k - which was a bit more than what I wanted to spend.
    Sorry to say but a good paint correction on a car that is not new is usually about that price it is worth it tho
    They will bring your paint back to better than new condition then coat it to keep it great

Just remember any marks/swirls ect in the paint will be sealed under the coating you will be able to get a cheaper price for sure but you gets whats you pay for!

They don't muck around either i have seen them working on my car took 8 hours of work for a new car before they were happy to coat it (dealership predelivery left a LOT of swirls in the paint)

Decent paint protection is usually a 3 day process. 1-1.5 days surface preparation (clean and polish), 0.5-1 day product application, 1 day curing under heat lamps.

You’re generally looking at around $2k for a professional job depending on the amount of surface prep that is required.

If you’re just looking at protecting the clear coat from bird droppings then get a ceramic coating and DIY will cost ~$100-200 depending on the brand that you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys. Wasn't sure what the going rate was/is so I guess this amount is pretty normal.

I'd rather get it properly done, so I'll probably suck it up

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WallySimmonds View Post
    Thanks guys. Wasn't sure what the going rate was/is so I guess this amount is pretty normal.

I'd rather get it properly done, so I'll probably suck it up
    Your in Melbourne check out dan's detailing in south eastern suburbs does a great job

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast