Definitive Car

Thread: jetta detail

jetta detail

Hi all,
    I had my Jetta cut and Polished today by the touch up guys. The C&P has been done, then the scratches have been filled and that's it. I expected that the scratches touched up would then be cut back and smoothed in so you couldn't feel the touch up paint. Was this too much to expect. The end result looks much better than before but for $100 per hour I had pretty high expectations. What do you think?

Users Country Flag
    My boss had them come out and touch up some scratches on his Subaru liberty rear bar before putting it up for sale.

I didn't really have high expectations for their work being an onsite business and spraying outside and the end result only confirmed my initial beliefs.

Yes, they matched the colour all right but it left a huge matt finish patch, still had sanding marks in it and to me it stood out like a 4w4 at and Stanced meet!

So my expectation for the cutting and polishing wouldn't be to high.
    White Scirocco R
    White MK3 Golf 2dr
    White Caddy (Work Van)

Users Country Flag

Hey Guys,
    I had the touch up guys (albiet in NSW) work on a mean stone chip which went down to the metal on my driver's door.
    The guy wet sanded a patch many times larger than the chip itself, and buffed a large portion of the door with rubbing compound, using an orbital buffer. This was his cut and polish treatment. He then proceeded to paint the bare metal with a paintbrush.

The end result was a paint crater with the dried touch up paint seeping downward slightly.
    The wet sand marks are easily seen in the right (wrong?) lighting.

And at $250 for half an hours work, I think it's a little disappointing.

Hope your results are better than mine.