Support VWWC

Thread: Interior care products

Interior care products

Hi guys
    Can anyone reccomend any interior cleaning products for the dash and leather seats of our new Tigaun? A few people have told me use baby wipes, which are the same as meguairs packaged wipes? Any other options to consider? I have a few microfiber towels.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    My personal choice is AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care. Restores to deep black for all plastics. I also use on rubber seals and all exterior plastics on bumpers. Have tried many other brands,for me the best so far.

For leather seats I use TurtleWax Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (2 in 1). I use on the steering wheel since have no leather seats but a good product. And not too expensive where you have to buy cleaner and conditioner seperatly . All available from car shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by 162Tig View Post
    Hi guys
    Can anyone reccomend any interior cleaning products for the dash and leather seats of our new Tigaun? A few people have told me use baby wipes, which are the same as meguairs packaged wipes? Any other options to consider? I have a few microfiber towels.
    Cheers
    2015 Tiguan 130TDI R-Line, Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    You can’t go too far wrong with autoglym products. Another quality range is Bowdens Own (Aussie owned and made).

My default go-to is always a damp microfibre cloth - you might be surprised what will come off and how clean the surface is afterwards.

new car - I wouldn’t be using anything other than a damp cloth on the seats. The PU coated leather doesn’t need much help to stay looking good, and because it’s a sealed surface, most leather products will not penetrate the leather properly anyway.

dashboards on these things are a matt finish - again, a damp cloth is your friend. If you choose to use a vinyl protectant, make sure it’s compatible with matt finishes.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Agree with the matt finish plastics tip. Damp microfibre but if I use a protectant I go for Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium which is not oil based.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 162Tig View Post
    Hi guys
    Cheers
    Do not use Baby Wipes...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Buy all your stuff from here...

Car Care Products / Car Care, Car Wax, Car Polish, Car Covers, Car Detailing Products & more ...

Any questions on what to use - ping the guys a message and they will recommend the right products