Support VWWC

Thread: Check out WTF i just had to scrape off my duco...

Users Country Flag

Check out WTF i just had to scrape off my duco...

Orright. if you are squeamish, or currently eating an omlette , dont look down...

Ok... bad for a detailing thread, but i live (and park my car in my driveway) under some of the tallest trees in the lower Hornsby Shire

And any one that knows Sydney knows that he lower Hornsby Shire grows Sydney's juciest spiders.... Including some rather large Golden Orb specimens…

I don’t know if you had heard about the recent sightings of snake and bird eating spiders in oz… here is a link and a look at a live specimen chewing on a bird. Now this is the biggest cairns version, but I still get them big.

Spider eats bird- Local Cairns News | cairns.com.au

You will notice it has a massive opsisthoso, opsisthomi…. it has a huge silvery a$$...

Anyhow, I walked out on Sunday and found this disaster on my car… I could not work it out at first, I thought a spider had tried to bench press a birds egg, toppled out of a nest and rode the egg all the way to my car where it splattered into a two foot radius of yolk…

Then I realised there was no eggshell, nor eggwhite, and I saw the flaky silvery remains of its butt shell…

That is right, a giant Orb Spider fell out of a tree and landed a$$ first on my car and exploded… then baked in the morning sun sinking into its own goop…. got the hose out, nuffink, tried a sponge… nuffink, I had to sacrifice a pristine new bug-shifter sponge… and a LOT of elbow grease

Anyhow... enjoy

and

Lucky this aint a smelloblogg is all I can say.

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag
    That's one BIG (and possibly dumb) spider
    06 VW 9N3 Polo GTI - Reflex Silver Leather/OEM Colour coded S/guard/OEM Lower Honeycombe Grille/NSP Boost Gauge/APR Stage 1+,Dogbone & DP/K&N filter/Forge s/shift,DV008 & Strut brace/PD 160/Samco camo TIP/Whitline RSB/FK AK's/17 x 8 Oettiger RE's/Alpine Head Unit & Sony Amp. OEM+FTW

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FSI 220 View Post
    Orright. if you are squeamish, or currently eating an omlette , dont look down...

Ok... bad for a detailing thread, but i live (and park my car in my driveway) under some of the tallest trees in the lower Hornsby Shire

And any one that knows Sydney knows that he lower Hornsby Shire grows Sydney's juciest spiders.... Including some rather large Golden Orb specimens…

I don’t know if you had heard about the recent sightings of snake and bird eating spiders in oz… here is a link and a look at a live specimen chewing on a bird. Now this is the biggest cairns version, but I still get them big.

Spider eats bird- Local Cairns News | cairns.com.au

You will notice it has a massive opsisthoso, opsisthomi…. it has a huge silvery a$$...

Anyhow, I walked out on Sunday and found this disaster on my car… I could not work it out at first, I thought a spider had tried to bench press a birds egg, toppled out of a nest and rode the egg all the way to my car where it splattered into a two foot radius of yolk…

Then I realised there was no eggshell, nor eggwhite, and I saw the flaky silvery remains of its butt shell…

That is right, a giant Orb Spider fell out of a tree and landed a$$ first on my car and exploded… then baked in the morning sun sinking into its own goop…. got the hose out, nuffink, tried a sponge… nuffink, I had to sacrifice a pristine new bug-shifter sponge… and a LOT of elbow grease

Anyhow... enjoy

and

Lucky this aint a smelloblogg is all I can say.
    Wow how unbelieveably unlucky D: That sucks! I suppose it could have been worse if it landed on the sunroof and you couldn't work out what the shadow was in the early morning/late afternoon. =.=

Did you manage to get it all off without damaging your paint too much?
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag
    What a mess! Lucky you didnt have the sunroof open/tilted.

At least the Kamakaze spider died in style......imagine if it fell onto a Falcadore!
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post

Did you manage to get it all off without damaging your paint too much?
    Came of the paint with a lot of elbow grease... I still have to get the last of it off the sunroof with a razorblade or some sort of solvent... really hard to get off glass for some reason... Of course I washed the car and promptly got strafed at work (not a tree for miles mind you)... so I have to wash it again!

Been thinking about the sunroof auto close mod, but will never use it at home due to the Huntsmans... there is a guy around here who sometimes parks his MX5 with the roof down... oh it makes me shudder to think

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?