Definitive Car

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ceramic Brake Pads for clean wheels

I've washed the car a couple of times since getting the new rotors and ATE ceramics fitted just prior to Christmas, the wheels have barely required any work. And when you've got the Solitudes, that's a massive time saving - these wheels are a massive pita to clean.

The feel of the brakes took a little while to get used to, esp. given how few km's I do per week, but I much prefer them now.

I wouldn't mind changing to something like Chicagos when I need to get new tyres, though that might be at least a couple of years away, sadly!
    Last edited by shinjukuthief; 24-01-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag
    I'm a long term advocate of ATE pads. I recently also coated my wheels with Gyeon Quartz Q2 rim protection.

Users Country Flag
    Can you buy the ATE's online?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealo View Post
    Can you buy the ATE's online?
    Nope.
    Contact HSY imports to find nearest reseller
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    I found them online here https://eurobahnautoparts.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Nealo View Post
    I found them online here https://eurobahnautoparts.com.au
    That's where I got them. Check their eBay store, I think they might be a little cheaper there.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123