Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowdens Green drying cloth, no longer a good product.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
    I'm a confirmed Bowden's Supporter and I switched from drying my car with a soft, fluffy bath towel to the Big Green Sucker and I am disappointed that it is soaking wet before I finish drying the car. Yesterday I had to start off with a chamois to clear the bulk of the water off the car roof and bonnet before switching to the Sucker. I think that I will revert to the soft fluffy towel. When they start to become a little hard, I pick up another one at a sale at Myer. They dry the whole car in one hit and just tidy up around the handles,grille, mirrors etc with a chamois. I use a leaf blower to blast water out of nooks and crannies and the wheels.
    I bought one of these about a year ago and its a game changer. Big Boi Buddi hand held blower - Detail Central

Gets all that annoying water that hangs around the grille, mirrors and door handles etc. Blows a good 50+% of the water off the actual car too so actual time drying with a cloth is greatly reduced.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Depending on the size of the car, you may need multiple green cloths - that's just the way it is. In our household it's one fresh green cloth per car when drying, followed by a grey drop bear cloth with the Fully Slick finishing spray. Perfect results. The green cloths do not always leave the car perfectly dry, but by following with the drop bear cloth and FullY Slick, it doesn't matter.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I have no problems drying my Jetta with a single Big Green Sucker. I've even dried off our Fabia Wagon afterwards using the same towel with no issues. I do wash them using the Bowdens Microfibre wash if they are a bit grubby. I store the Sucker (and all my cloths) out of direct sunlight in a big storage tub to keep them from gathering dust.
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Users Country Flag
    If you decice to buy a replacement big sucker cloth, they are on sale at Supercheap Auto for $23.99 starting early tomorrow. Bowden's Own Big Green Sucker Microfibre Towel | Supercheap Auto
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 25-02-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Thanks for that Lucas. I'm a bit of a nut about washing my vehicles. Too many You Tube videos I think. I started washing my father's cars when I was about ten( sixty three years ago) and those days there were no car shampoos. We just used to keep the hose running at a low level and wash the dirt off as we went with an old rag. We progressed as Turtle Car Wash became available and always used a chamois to dry off. The obligatory run around the local streets to shake out the last drops, and a further run over with a dry cloth. So much more interesting these days, with a vast array of products and techniques. Car finishes are so much better. Cheers for the info. John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12