Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: VW Queensland Raceway Breakfast and Laps December 10

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Just over a week away from our Qld Raceway happy laps event. It not too late if you want to add some passengers. PM me if you want to add them.

Cheers Paul

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by prh1973 View Post
    Just over a week away from our Qld Raceway happy laps event. It not too late if you want to add some passengers. PM me if you want to add them.

Cheers Paul
    for some reason I keep thinking it will be at Lakeside... hopefully no one else is thinking of it being held at Lakeside and arriving there in the morning only to realise it is at QR Willowbank
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nat225 View Post
    for some reason I keep thinking it will be at Lakeside... hopefully no one else is thinking of it being held at Lakeside and arriving there in the morning only to realise it is at QR Willowbank
    Haha. So it's not just me then!

VW Queensland Raceway Breakfast and Laps December 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Happy Lappers

So our next happy laps is on this Saturday Dec 10 at Qld Raceway - Champions Way Willowbank.

Some notes to remember:
    -Arrive no later than 7:15am.
    -No burnouts or stupid behaviour.
    -Ensure your road tyres have higher than recommended road pressures so sidewalls can sustain high lateral loads 38-40psi should be ok.
    -Qld Raceway has a few heavy braking points. If you experience brake fade, drive appropriately by doing a few slower laps and braking earlier.
    -Overtaking only allowed on the straights. If some one behind is going faster than you just let them past.
    -No shows no refund.

Cheers and see you there
    Paul Hirst

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by prh1973 View Post
    -Ensure your road tyres have higher than recommended road pressures so sidewalls can sustain high lateral loads 38-40psi should be ok.
    -Qld Raceway has a few heavy braking points. If you experience brake fade, drive appropriately by doing a few slower laps and braking earlier.

I'll echo these 2 point. It's going to be a warm day so be aware of the impact to your tyres and brakes.

From memory the last few events we held out at QR in summer a lot of people needed to do 2 cool down laps after every 4-5 to give the tyres and brakes a chance to recover if they had road tyres and brakes.

It also seems like a much simpler track and it is easier to hold speeds on so make sure you give it the proper care an attention as it can catch you out after belting down the straights faster than what you would do at Lakeside.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys - with the weekend (and rest of this week) looking wet, will this still be going ahead?

At least the max temp Saturday is looking at only 22 degrees or so, which should be nice..... but if it's been raining all night/morning, what's the go?
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

VW Queensland Raceway Breakfast and Laps December 10

Yes it usually goes ahead on a wet track. Unless it is really heavy rain and pools of water on then QR may make a call on the day. Forecast is for Saturday is 20% chance of showers and 27 degrees so hopefully all be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by prh1973; 07-12-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Users Country Flag
    some of the best Happy Laps I have been to were actually wet / light rain.

it made happy laps pace like a full sprint pace because of the lowered grip level

best for learning your car's limits and car control too and safer at lower speeds.

much safer than when in dry like this:

Last edited by nat225; 07-12-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

I have contacted QR and it looks like we will be running the Clubman circuit. See you all tomorrow at 7.15am. Please park in the area to the left of the control tower when you arrive.
    VW Queensland Raceway Breakfast and Laps December 10-queenslandrcwyclub-bf73a3a9ae280a6cb5b639d8a92ac803-2-png

Cheers Paul

Users Country Flag

Looking forward to meeting some faces and perving on some hot cars.

See you there guys.
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast