Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville Euro GTG

Users Country Flag

Well i think we are off to a good start with the local VAG scene and I enjoyed the day and good to see the rain held off for the drive from Townsville to Charters Towers . Also such a rare site to see everything so green
    Im normally snap happy but i didn't actually take to many pics but im sure we will have time to get some more.
    CHeers
    Steve

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes it was nice to get a few of us together. I was slacking on the camera as I only took 2. We'll start planning another one for next month

SLAM.POKE.TUCK.DROP.DOPE!

Users Country Flag
    What a fantastic day... Thanks guys for showing up and sharing the day with a foreigner from another forum.

We had a ball.

Great pics Steve and J.

I said to Mrs J we should have taken some rollin' pics from the back of the line. But we were enjoying the drive so much we bloody well forgot...Ah well next time.

They're are a bit big (sorry to those with restrictor plates on their D/L speeds) but I didn't want to screw up the quality and it also allows you guys to save them and crop them as you please.

Righto here we go...

We lead off with Brett's Saweet Ssat what a beautiful example of a good looking car.

Then J.'s Beast...man what a monster..WTF is the steering wheel doing there??? !!!

Now Steve's Red Beauty a fine example of a MK4 GTI

Chris's "Hidden Dragon"... if you pull up beside it at the lights try real hard not to annoy it.

My Gretel, she's the red one...trying really hard not to annoy the silver one.

Avoid direct eye contact... it's mean, it's nasty and it WILL bite!!!

And finally a tip of the hat to the 2 Mark 4's of the day

Next time guys some in car shots, some drive-by's and hopefully some video.

Thanks again and already looking forward to the March GTG.
    Last edited by jethro41; 22-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Ian

MY05 GTI 5dr 6M TR|Open Vents|Tint| Bluefin|Front lip delete

On the way to work this morning I spotted a Mk5 BMP R32 with custom plate 1ZAK or ZAK1 can't remember. It turned off charters towers road onto bayswater. Anyone know who owns it? Cheers J

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JLT View Post
    On the way to work this morning I spotted a Mk5 BMP R32 with custom plate 1ZAK or ZAK1 can't remember. It turned off charters towers road onto bayswater. Anyone know who owns it? Cheers J
    No...haven't seen it before...but we shall find out. there's a red MK6 GTI on the lot at Pickering's too...so that'll be another couple of candidate GTG'er soon as well.
    Ian

I saw 2 Audi S3's one is silver with some wheels,exhaust and its lowered and a little indian dude that drives it, I see it on RossRiver a good bit, The other one is yellow lowered with some A8 wheels. Anyone know them?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JLT View Post
    I saw 2 Audi S3's one is silver with some wheels,exhaust and its lowered and a little indian dude that drives it, I see it on RossRiver a good bit, The other one is yellow lowered with some A8 wheels. Anyone know them?

I saw the yellow one yesterday on the way home from work on Sturt ...hadn't seen it before yesterday.... haven't spotted the silver one yet.

Paluma for the next GTG???
    Ian

Users Country Flag
    Good work guys. Good to see the community being built in more regional parts.
    See if you can get Willie Mason involved hey? Just wave a shiny VW badge in front of him and you'll have him hooked (make sure it's proper shiny though or he won't be distracted enough).
    Cheers,
    Trent

2010 Renault Clio RenaultSPORT 200 Cup 20th Anniversary Edition - #19 of 30 - The French Connection...
    2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 MkIV - #044 of 200 - Gone But Not Forgotten...
    "Racing is life; Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen -=-=- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Unknown

Cheers Trent we'll try

Spotted a MK4 Bora(aka the jetta)black and clean looked lowered, they(2 chickies) pulled up beside me and waved on university Blvd and turned left after the pertrol station-Anyone know the car I would have gave them a flyer but it was raining and I was going straight.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast