Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Drive Days in SE Qld

Users Country Flag

Social Drive Days in SE Qld

Hi Folks, I wasn't sure if there was a thread to announce/discuss/organize social drive days anywhere on the forum. I am not even sure if there is much interest in having such a thread, so I thought I would ask the question if anyone is interested in getting together for a social drive from time to time. I envisage different locations, destinations and routes to be determined at the whim of the person organizing each of the events.

Typically I imagine they would be week end activities, but not essentially so, as often there are folks that work shifts, different hours and days, or are just planning a run through the hills and want to see if there is anyone who would like to join them. Two cars (or more) is always more fun than heading out alone. A bunch of performance Golfs resonating in the hills sounds like a pretty fine idea to me.

To kick it off, I am planning a run in the hills very soon - maybe even during the week this week (the joy of being self employed) so I can get a few kms on the R before the JB1 finds its way beneath the bonnet... Have had it nearly three weeks now and haven't broken 300kms on it!! Really want to get about 1000kms on it before plugging in the JB1.

The run will likely be in the hills north of Brisbane, into the Sunshine Coast hinterland, stopping for a bite to eat somewhere, then returning home. Some photos if we can get some other interesting cars along. Anyone with a new 40th ED or Wolfie that needs a run in the hills? Stage 2 modded GTI with some APR enhancement perhaps?

If this idea interests anyone, shout out.

Otherwise, if anyone thinks this is a good place to arrange a drive day/cruise of their own, feel free to get creative and arrange your own run drive event. Others may be interested in joining you.

Sorry mods if I have broken any posting rules here, hopefully not. Just couldn't see if there was such a thread on the forum.

Users Country Flag
    There is a happy laps event organised for Saturday morning so maybe keep that in mind if you are organising a cruise.

Very Very keen mate, Once I get a car.....
    Will do LibraR
    Last edited by HPRS230; 29-09-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Shout out when she turns up!

Users Country Flag
    I would be keen, always good to get out and take the Rocco for a spin
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Cool! Pretty long drive from Thornlands and back, but a great run. What days suit you best?

Users Country Flag
    Saturdays or Sundays and I have nothing major in the calendar at the moment apart from this weekend and the 8th/9th October
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Ok I'll see what I can sort. Maybe the following Sunday whatever date that is - 16th or something?

Users Country Flag
    I should be ok for the 16th (Sunday)
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Let me work on that. Sounds like a pretty good plan

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast