Thread: Queensland Raceway Brekkie Laps - Saturday 24th of April 2021

Users Country Flag

Queensland Raceway Brekkie Laps - Saturday 24th of April 2021

Hello fellow Brekkie Laps enthusiasts!

We have booked Queensland Raceway for Breakfast + Laps.
    Please provide the colour, make and model of your car when requesting a spot so we can confirm who is out there. We have to pre-pay to book the event for us now as well as a deposit.

Pricing for forum members is $52 per Driver and $20 per each Passenger. If minimum numbers are not met, pricing may need to increase to cover event cost.

No show No refund.

Closer to the date I will send you the payment details so we can have it all paid up and sorted on time. If we need to open it up to non forum members to fill spots costs will be $57 for Drivers and $20 for each of their Passengers.

Payments not received by due date will mean you are replaced with a reserve.
    Payment due by Saturday 17th of April

The Breakfast starts at 7:30am sharp and we should be out on the track by 8:15am after a safety briefing at 8am. Please be there by 7am.

Please be aware that QLD Raceways does monitor the forum and as such, any posts regarding activities that breach the rules of the track/happy laps will be noted by the staff and you may be banned from the events.

Queensland Raceways Management has asked that we review the format for our happy laps to ensure that we can continue to host the event in a safe and suitable manner and as a result we must urge that THIS SESSION IS NOT A RACE and non compliance will not be tolerated. People not adhering to the rules will be banned from future events.

VWWatercooled Forum and Event Organiser/s are not liable for any damage to any vehicles or track facilities. Driving on a Racetrack at speed is dangerous and you should consider these risks before deciding to come on track.

Rules are as follows (Please Read Carefully):

Conduct: This is not a dedicated track event. People have been warned previously about their driving conduct and, as a result, we have been pulled off early. If this happens the offender will be banned from all future events.
    * FWD and AWD Euro cars preferred (at discretion of event organiser).
    * All vehicles that enter must be road-worthy and registered with viewable registration plates.
    * At a minimum, please wear shorts, t-shirt and closed-in shoes with a grippy sole.
    * No children under 12 years of age are allowed in cars on track.
    * Payments not received by the due date may mean member is removed from the main list and replaced by a reserve. This is so pre-payment to Qld Raceways is made on time.

Overtaking is only permitted on the main straight and no overtaking past the kink, overtaking in the lead up to the carousel/hairpin corner is dangerous and introduces unnecessary risk.
    * The responsibility is on the overtaking driver to do it safely. IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT OVERTAKE.
    * If you are not overtaking anyone on the main straight, please stay to the left of the track and let any driver that is consistently on your tail overtake you. You'll know this if you've been watching your mirrors.
    To be overtaken safely, maintain your speed at the entry to the main straight and stay to the left. Do not brake or accelerate, just hold your line at a reasonable, steady speed to allow the overtaking driver to execute the manoeuvre safely.
    * If you think you are actually quicker on the track, then you should be able to come up to that car again the next time you reach the main straight, and then the roles will be reversed: The original overtaking driver should now let the other car overtake.

Passengers are welcome and encouraged. Anyone entering the track (drivers, passengers and those splitting the driving) must have a wristband, which means that track fees are payable by everyone in the car (but you get a delicious breakfast, which is BONUS!)
    No children under 12 years of age are allowed in cars on track.

Breakfast Menu:
    With Covid restrictions on sitting down, breakfast will be along the lines of a bacon and egg burger with sausage and hash browns. Subject to change from Qld Raceway

Additional information and reminders:
    * This event is open to forum contributors only.
    * Anyone can come and passenger with you (no children under 12 years old).
    * 25 cars max to minimise traffic problems out on the track.
    * Please post to indicate that you would like to attend with the colour, make and model of your vehicle and how many people you will be bringing with you. You can be anonymous on the forum but you cannot be anonymous on the track.

When the main list is full, members will be added to the reserve list. If someone pulls out, the first person on the reserve list will be moved up to the main list. Any forum members remaining on the reserve list by the event date will be placed directly on the main list for the next event. Please check the next event details when they are posted to ensure that you can attend if you are put on the main list.

Payment due by Saturday April 17th

Main list: (Needs updating from Facebook group)

• D.R
    • J.R
    • K.Y
    • M.W
    • R.M
    • Darkshines
    • H.P
    • S.C
    • D.P
    • B.A
    • J.B
    • E.R
    • .​
    Reserves:

Last edited by Godspeed; 17-04-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    previously known as vwgolfer

Users Country Flag
    I'll take a spot thanks, with passenger. White 640i.
    MkVI Golf GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Alright sweet, I'll add you to the list.
    previously known as vwgolfer

Hey bud,

When are you planning on the next one? I want to try and get my missus on track =)
    Coxy
    "Some people dream of achieving greatness, other people get out of bed and do it"

Do these still happen!?

Keen to join in my Mk7.5 GTI!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by khonfahm View Post
    Do these still happen!?

Keen to join in my Mk7.5 GTI!
    Also wondering as my car is finally fixed.

How does one organise it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Coxy
    "Some people dream of achieving greatness, other people get out of bed and do it"

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Coxy09 View Post
    How does one organise it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I'd be happy to help organising too, although I'd prefer Lakeside purely from a location perspective.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I'd be happy to help organising too, although I'd prefer Lakeside purely from a location perspective.
    Oh yeah, me too, QR is a dive, Lakeside is much nicer.

I can't remember who used to organise it, the guy with the blue tig is all I remember =P
    Coxy

Users Country Flag

Paul (prh1973) did it after Clay (blue Tig) for a while. I messaged him to see how he did it. We could probably alternate this once we know what to do.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...