Support VWWC

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Laps v24 - 6 April 2014

Users Country Flag

Lakeside Laps v24 - 6 April 2014

Please be aware that QLD Raceways does monitor the forum and as such, any posts regarding activities that breach the rules of the track/happy laps will be noted by the staff and you may be banned from the events.

Also please provide the colour, make and model of your car when requesting a spot so we can confirm who is out there.
    I will then send you the payment details so we can have it all paid up and sorted on time.

Okay guys, round 24!
    Lakeside Park again for breakfast ($33.50) which will be payable to me as i have to pre-pay to book the event for us now
    The Breakfast starts at 7:30am sharp and we should be out on the track by 8:15am after a safety briefing at 8am.
    Please be there by 7:15am.

Rules:
    Note: This is not a dedicated track event. People have been warned previously about their driving conduct and, as a result, we have been pulled off early.
    No protective gear allowed (i.e. no helmet or race suit). At a minimum, please wear shorts, t-shirt and closed-in shoes with a grippy sole.
    No overtaking on corners, only on the straight. If a vehicle slows down and indicates that you overtake on the back section of the track, you may do so at your own discretion, however the responsibility is on the overtaking driver to do it safely. IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT OVERTAKE.
    If you are not overtaking anyone on the main straight, please stay to the left of the track and let any driver that is consistently on your tail overtake you. You'll know this if you've been watching your mirrors. To be overtaken safely, maintain your speed and line. Do not brake or accelerate, just hold your line at a reasonable, steady speed to allow the overtaking driver to execute the manoeuvre safely. If you think you are actually quicker on the track, then you should be able to come up to that car again the next time you reach the main straight, and then the roles will be reversed: The original overtaking driver should now let the other car overtake.
    All vehicles that enter must be road-worthy and registered.

Passengers are welcome, however anyone entering the track (drivers, passengers and those splitting the driving) must have a wristband, which means that track fees are payable by everyone in the car (but you get a delicious breakfast, which is BONUS!)

Please let me know if you have any food allergies/vegetarianism etc so i can see if they can source something suitable.
    Menu:
    Toast
    Egg and Capsicum omlette
    Crispy bacon
    Gourmet chipolatas
    Baked beans
    Fried tomato
    Mushrooms
    Tea & coffee

I am having this open to forum contributors only and you must be in a Euro car. Anyone can come and passenger with you. I am capping the number at the first 30 attendees (drivers and passengers combined) to make the costs associated with the event still suitable while having a good number of cars to stop traffic problems out on the track.

When the main list is full, members will be added to the reserve list. If someone pulls out, the first person on the reserve list will be moved up to the main list. Unfortunately, if you do not make it on the main list, then we cannot accommodate your car at the event, but other members might be keen to have you passenger and/or drive with them. Any forum members remaining on the reserve list by the event date will be placed directly on the main list for the next event. Please check the next event details when they are posted to ensure that you can indeed attend if you are put on the main list.

Please post to indicate that you would like to attend with the colour, make and model of your vehicle and how many people you will be bringing with you. You can be anonymous on the forum but you cannot be anonymous on the track.

Directions for entry:
    Drive across the causeway, then follow the road to the right around the back of the track, then enter the tunnel on your left. Turn right after exiting the tunnel toward the group parking on the grassy area in front of the big yellow building.

*1 ) team_v
    *2 ) Brash Daniels (White Fabia vRS)
    *3 ) Mysticality (Blue Octavia vRS)
    *4 ) 14nce + 1 (Grey 8L S3)
    *5 ) nat225 (White Mk6 GTI)
    *6 ) RobH (Blue Scirocco R)
    *7 ) DarkShines (Black Mk6 GTI)
    *8 ) Rohde (Red 9n3 GTI)
    *9 ) Paazuzu (white 9n3 GTI)
    *10 ) prh1973 (Blue Mk6 R)
    *11 ) h100vw
    *12 ) RUFNIT (White 6R GTI)
    *13 ) THE_EGG (Yellow DS3)
    *14 ) redline3345 + 1 (Silver Octavia vRS)
    *15 ) Wolfman101 + 1 (Black R8 )
    *16 ) club racer
    *17 ) jimbomort (Catalina Blue Tiguan)
    *18 ) Econ101 (Black Peugeot 208 )
    *19 ) willwho + 1 (MK1 Golf)
    *20 ) Matt P (Audi S3)
    *21 ) Keato (Silver SLK55)
    *22 ) liquidforce + 1 (Black A1)
    *23 ) Steve_666 (Black Mk5 GTI)
    *24 ) TDIdiot (White Mk6 GTI)
    *25 ) whplash (Red Mk5 GTI)

Reserves:
    wahnie (Peugeot 306)
    brisgtimkv (BMW 328i)
    Champion GTI
    epigoo (Silver Mk5 Jetta)
    DKJB
    Last edited by team_v; 04-04-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Users Country Flag

Lakeside Laps v24 - 6 April 2014

Yes please!

Grey S3

Users Country Flag
    Please add me to the list, thanks Clay!
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Users Country Flag
    I'm keen again Clay.

Blue Scirocco R

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Sign me up, thanks Clay!
    MkVI Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    You decided on lakeside again rather than QR? Either way, I'm in. Red Polo GTI

Users Country Flag
    Hell yes - I'm in! Thanks Clay

Polo Gti (9n3).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Unfortunately QR is fully booked until May so i decided best to do lakeside again rather than wait 3 months.
    I will call up tomorrow and book QR in for June (nice and cold out that way then)

Users Country Flag
    Sorry Clay,

Not this time, I will be overseas for 3 weeks...
    MY08 Mark V 1K Jetta 110kw 2.0L FSI 6 Speed Tiptronic, Comfortline, 18" VW R32 Omanyt Wheels, Reflex Silver
    MY11 Mercedes Benz W204 C250 150kw 1.8L Turbo 7 Speed, Vision Pack, Sunroof, Reverse Camera, 18", Palledum SIlver
    ** SOLD ** MY12 Mark V 6R Polo 77TSI 7 Speed DSG, Comfort Pack, 17" VW Polo 6R GTI Wheels, Pepper Grey

Users Country Flag

Count me in please Clay

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast