Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Laps v23 - 16 Feb 2014 (NEW RULES/COST)

Users Country Flag

Lakeside Laps v23 - 16 Feb 2014 (NEW RULES/COST)

Please be aware that QLD Raceways does monitor the forum and as such any posts regarding activities that breach the rules of the track/happy laps will be noted by the staff and you may be banned from the events.

Also please provide the colour, make and model of your car when "booking a spot" so we can confirm who is out there.

Okay guys, round 23!
    Lakeside Park again for breakfast ($33.50) which will be payable to me as i have to pre-pay to book the event for us now
    The Breakfast starts at 7:30am sharp and we should be out on the track by 8:15am after a safety briefing at 8am.
    Please be there by 7:15am.

Rules:
    Note: This is not a dedicated track event. People have been warned previously about their driving conduct and, as a result, we have been pulled off early.
    No protective gear allowed (i.e. no helmet or race suit). At a minimum, please wear shorts, t-shirt and closed-in shoes with a grippy sole.
    No overtaking on corners, only on the straight. If a vehicle slows down and indicates that you overtake on the back section of the track, you may do so at your own discretion, however the responsibility is on the overtaking driver to do it safely. IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT OVERTAKE.
    If you are not overtaking anyone on the main straight, please stay to the left of the track and let any driver that is consistently on your tail overtake you. You'll know this if you've been watching your mirrors. To be overtaken safely, maintain your speed and line. Do not brake or accelerate, just hold your line at a reasonable, steady speed to allow the overtaking driver to execute the manoeuvre safely. If you think you are actually quicker on the track, then you should be able to come up to that car again the next time you reach the main straight, and then the roles will be reversed: The original overtaking driver should now let the other car overtake.
    All vehicles that enter must be road-worthy and registered.

Passengers are welcome, however anyone entering the track (drivers, passengers and those splitting the driving) must have a wristband, which means that track fees are payable by everyone (but you get a delicious breakfast, which is BONUS!)

Please let me know if you have any food allergies/vegetarianism etc so i can see if they can source something suitable.
    Menu:
    Toast
    Fried eggs
    Crispy bacon
    Gourmet chipolatas
    Baked beans
    Fried tomato for vegetarians
    Tea & coffee

I am having this open to forum contributors only and you must be in a Euro car. Anyone can come and passenger with you. I am capping the number at 30 cars to make the costs associated with the event still suitable.

When the main list is full, members will be added to the reserve list. If someone pulls out, the first person on the reserve list will be moved up to the main list. Unfortunately, if you do not make it on the main list, then we cannot accommodate your car at the event, but other members might be keen to have you passenger and/or drive with them. Any forum members remaining on the reserve list by the event date will be placed directly on the main list for the next event. Please check the next event details when they are posted to ensure that you can indeed attend if you are put on the main list. Also, reserve-listers: Keep a close eye on the thread for members who opt out at the last minute, because that might mean that you may attend as a main-lister

Please post to indicate that you would like to attend with the colour, make and model of your vehicle and how many people you will be bringing with you. During PM confirmations closer to the date, I will be asking for your car's rego and your full name. You can be anonymous on the forum but you cannot be anonymous on the track.

Directions for entry:
    Drive across the causeway, then follow the road to the right around the back of the track, then enter the tunnel on your left. Turn right after exiting the tunnel toward the group parking on the grassy area in front of the big yellow building.

Anyone from the previous list will get priority placement on this one however if they do not wish to attend they can ask to be removed.

*01 - Team_v (Blue VW Tiguan)
    *02 - Club Racer (Blue Lotus)
    *03 - prh1973 (Blue Mk6 R)
    04 - Matt Plowman (Black Scura)
    *05 - RobH (Blue Scirocco R)
    *06 - Nat225 (White Mk6 GTI)
    *07 - loco (Orange Mini Cooper S)
    *08 - Rohde (Red Polo 9n3 GTI)
    *09 - DarkShines (Black Mk6 GTI)
    *10 - Paazuzu (White 9n3 GTI)
    *11 - zoomda (Blue Mk6 R)
    *12 - whplash (Red MK5 GTI)
    *13 - 28ONE4 (Silver Mk5 R32)
    *14 - 14nce (Grey Audi S3 8L) + 1
    *15 - steve_666 (Black Mk5 GTI) - no food
    *16 - Barnz (Silver 9n3 GTI)
    *17 - Coxy09 (Red Alfa Romeo 33)
    *18 - evoblitz (IX-XI) + 1
    *19 - epigoo (Silver Mk5 Jetta)
    *20 - epigoo's 2nd driver (Silver Mk5 Jetta)
    *21 - Liquidforce + extra driver (Audi A1)
    *22 - Redline3345 (Silver Skoda Octavia vRS)
    *23 - TDIdiot (White Mk6 GTI)
    *24 - OctaviaKid (Silver Octavia)
    *25 - BrashDaniels (Skoda Fabia vRS) + 1
    *26 - Brash Daniels Other (Skoda Fabia) + 1
    *27 - irivlin (87 Sierra)
    *28 - Adrian_R (Blue Mk6 R) + 1

Reserves:
    DNO16
    Last edited by team_v; 15-02-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Clay for the listing, will be there. Less of a price increase than expected, still an absolute bargin for what you get.
    MkVI Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    I'll be there too No worries on the price increase. Looking forward to it!

Users Country Flag
    In!, wait i am already in thx Clay!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    I'm in thanks! Looking forward to it!

Users Country Flag
    Cool, on again.
    11 MK6 Golf R- Name: Sully - bits of stuff and code and stuff to make it a bit faster i hope

Users Country Flag
    I'll be there as well - thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Damn, can't go to this one either! I'll be in Russia this time.

Have fun out there peeps
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post
    Damn, can't go to this one either! I'll be in Russia this time.

Have fun out there peeps
    For the Winter Olympics?
    If so, it's probably a better option :p

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast