Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Breakfast + Happy Laps - Sunday Feb 12 2017

Users Country Flag

Lakeside Breakfast + Happy Laps - Sunday Feb 12 2017

Hello Fellow VAG enthusiasts!

I have booked Lakeside Park for Breakfast + Laps.
    Please provide the colour, make and model of your car when requesting a spot so we can confirm who is out there.
    I have to pre-pay to book the event for us now.
    Pricing for forum members is $35 per Driver and $20 per each Passenger.
    No show No refund.
    Closer to the date I will send you the payment details so we can have it all paid up and sorted on time.

Payment is to be made by January 17.

If we need to open it up to non forum members to fill spots costs will be $40 for Drivers and $20 for each of their Passengers.
    Payments not received by due date will mean you are replaced with a reserve.

The Breakfast starts at 7:30am sharp and we should be out on the track by 8:15am after a safety briefing at 8am.
    Please be there by 7:15am.

Please be aware that QLD Raceways does monitor the forum and as such, any posts regarding activities that breach the rules of the track/happy laps will be noted by the staff and you may be banned from the events.

Queensland Raceways Management has asked that we review the format for our happy laps to ensure that we can continue to host the event in a safe and suitable manner and as a result we must urge that THIS SESSION IS NOT A RACE and non compliance will not be tolerated. People not adhering to the rules will be banned from future events.

VWWatercooled Forum and Event Organiser/s are not liable for any damage to any vehicles or track facilities. Driving on a Racetrack at speed is dangerous and you should consider these risks before deciding to come on track.

Rules are as follows (Please Read Carefully):

Conduct: This is not a dedicated track event. People have been warned previously about their driving conduct and, as a result, we have been pulled off early. If this happens the offender will be banned from all future events.
    * FWD and AWD Euro cars preferred as per review request by Doug (at discretion of event organiser).
    * All vehicles that enter must be road-worthy and registered with viewable registration plates.
    * At a minimum, please wear shorts, t-shirt and closed-in shoes with a grippy sole.
    * No children under 12 years of age are allowed in cars on track.
    * Payments not received by the due date may mean member is removed from the main list and replaced by a reserve. This is so pre-payment to Qld Raceways is made on time.

Overtaking is only permitted on the main straight and no overtaking past the kink, overtaking in the lead up to the carousel/hairpin corner is dangerous and introduces unnecessary risk.
    * The responsibility is on the overtaking driver to do it safely. IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT OVERTAKE.
    * If you are not overtaking anyone on the main straight, please stay to the left of the track and let any driver that is consistently on your tail overtake you. You'll know this if you've been watching your mirrors.
    To be overtaken safely, maintain your speed at the entry to the main straight and stay to the left. Do not brake or accelerate, just hold your line at a reasonable, steady speed to allow the overtaking driver to execute the manoeuvre safely.
    * If you think you are actually quicker on the track, then you should be able to come up to that car again the next time you reach the main straight, and then the roles will be reversed: The original overtaking driver should now let the other car overtake.

Passengers are welcome and encouraged. Anyone entering the track (drivers, passengers and those splitting the driving) must have a wristband, which means that track fees are payable by everyone in the car (but you get a delicious breakfast, which is BONUS!)
    No children under 12 years of age are allowed in cars on track.

Breakfast Menu:
    Toast, Egg and Capsicum omelette,
    Bacon, Chipolatas,
    Baked beans, Fried tomato,
    Mushrooms, Tea & coffee

Please let me know if you have any food allergies/vegetarianism etc so i can see if they can source something suitable.

Additional information and reminders:
    * This event is open to forum contributors only.
    * Anyone can come and passenger with you (no children under 12 years old).
    * I am capping the number to 28 cars to make the costs associated with the event still suitable while having a good number of cars to minimise traffic problems out on the track.
    * Please post to indicate that you would like to attend with the colour, make and model of your vehicle and how many people you will be bringing with you. You can be anonymous on the forum but you cannot be anonymous on the track.

When the main list is full, members will be added to the reserve list. If someone pulls out, the first person on the reserve list will be moved up to the main list. Any forum members remaining on the reserve list by the event date will be placed directly on the main list for the next event. Please check the next event details when they are posted to ensure that you can attend if you are put on the main list.

Directions for entry:
    Drive across the causeway, then follow the road to the right around the back of the track, then enter the tunnel on your left. Turn right after exiting the tunnel toward the group parking on the grassy area in front of the big yellow building.

Lakeside Breakfast + Happy Laps - Sunday Feb 12 2017-cv5ng-jpg

Payment due by January 17
    Forum Members pricing =Drivers $35 each and Passengers $20 each

Main List:

$1 - prh1973 - White Toyota 86(organiser)
    $2 - Paazuzu - White Polo GTI
    $3 - Mad TT 08 - Black Audi TT
    $4 - louis19 - Silver Polo GTI
    $5 - 08PIRELLI - Yellow MK5 Pirelli
    $6 - Dante1 - Black Audi RS5
    $7 - Tobes_WIR35 -White MK7 Scirocco
    $8 - lk265r - Black Megane RS265
    $9 - HPRS230 - Grey Skoda Octavia RS230
    $10 - Poida - White MK7 R
    $11 - h100vw - Red Polo TDI
    $12 - Mattlock - white MK7 R +1 passenger
    $13 - Alfred - green Golf VR6 + 1passenger
    $14 - vwgolfer - white MK7 R +1 passenger
    $15 - An7on - silver MK5 GTI
    $16 - guile - Black Audi S3
    $17 - ferret vrs - Blue Octavia RS
    $18 - seangti - Red Poli TDI?
    $19 - DarkShines - Black MK6 GTI + 1 passenger
    $20 - Charro - white MK7 Golf R
    $21 - Rohde - Red Polo GTI
    $22 - epigoo - Silver MK5 Jetta
    $23 - CRE4TE - Blue Polo GTI
    $24 - steve_666 - Blue MK6 Golf R
    $25 - gk898r - Black Clio
    $26 - khonfahm - 328i BMW
    $27 - jimmy jonkers - White Polo GTI + 1 passenger
    $28 - Spinifex - Blue RS Octivia + 1 passenger

Reserve List:

1 - millsy - White Polo GTI
    2 - TDIdiot - White Mk6 Golf GTI
    3 - keegz2 - White MK6 Golf R
    4 -
    5 - awesomeGTI - White MK6 GTI + 1 passenger- $55 PAID

Spectators list (includes Breakfast) Cost $20

1 -
    2 -
    3 -
    Last edited by prh1973; 31-01-2017 at 06:54 PM.

sign me please! Black Audi RS5

Users Country Flag
    Hi Paul
    Put me down for this round please.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Hi Paul,
    Please put me down In black megane rs265.

Thanks Lucas.

Hey Paul

Yes please
    HPRS230 - Grey Skoda Octavia RS230 + 1 passenger
    Poida - White VW Mk7 R

Please add to the Reserve List for if you need more people:
    Non VW - AJ Black Misti Ralliart
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    I'm Keen!
    Blue Octavia Rs
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Yes please Paul!

Dark green Golf VR6

I'll probably have 2 passengers but will keep you updated closer to payment date. Looks like my girlfriend and my brother want to go for a hot lap

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alfred; 13-12-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Also have a work colleague with a black BMW 135i if that is permissible, should you look outside the forum to get numbers...
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag

Hey Paul,

I'm in.

White Mk7 R + 1 passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast