Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Snowy Mountains 1000

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The last 2 Cancer Council Charity Rides (for round 1) are up for Auction now:

GameOn Supra
    Snowy Mountains 1000 Charity Ride Toyota Supra | eBay

Pagani Zonda
    Snowy Mountains 1000 Charity Ride Pagani Zonda | eBay

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Four weeks to go people.

Another great event and some awesome VWs competing today!

VolksMuller ran their awesome Kombi which was a huge crowd pleaser, and it was great to see the VW commercial range represented with an Amarok and Transporter both running the 1000m sprint.

Two Golf Rs ran today - sadly mine was sold a few weeks ago so I couldn't run it again this year, but our time of 21.9 from last year still stands as the record for fastest 4 cylinder. I doubt it'll last next year though.

Fastest speed this year was up to 327kph -nearly 20kph faster than last year.

Users Country Flag
    Was a great day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely be going back next year. Enjoyed watching the VWs but that Willall Racing Skyline R35 once just awesome to watch.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesatfish View Post

VolksMuller ran their awesome Kombi which was a huge crowd pleaser, and it was great to see the VW commercial range represented with an Amarok and Transporter both running the 1000m sprint.

Two Golf Rs ran today - sadly mine was sold a few weeks ago so I couldn't run it again this year, but our time of 21.9 from last year still stands as the record for fastest 4 cylinder. I doubt it'll last next year though.

Wow! Sad to have missed the event this year, I've got nothing new or different to run this year but would have liked to go as a spectator since most of the fun is talking to the people anyway. Hopefully next year I'll be able to go again

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesatfish View Post

You realise your 21.9 is only a fraction quicker than the 22.0 and that was also a stage 2+ car vs your stage 3 ?
    Bug_racer supports the rebellion of the euro revolution

Sure do - which is why I am thrilled the record stands and doubt it'll last next year

Users Country Flag
    Had a great day too.
    Nice meeting you James, even tho it was just a quick Hello.
    I just missed out by 0.2 second of being the fastest Front Wheel Drive on the day. I ran a 24.4 @ 219km/h. I did manage a 24.2 @ 221km/h at Temora last month which was the fastest Front Wheel Drive on the day. I should've removed some weight, but decided to run it full street trim.
    21.9 and 22.0 are both unreal times especially out of a 4cyclinder turbo. (ill leave it open to you and Seb)

Users Country Flag
    Have to say what a great weekend, we tracked two vw's...one being the Roo Shooter 57 kombi and our Golf R manual tarmac rally car. The kombi did the 1km in a time of 27.5 sec with a top speed 173.5kmph[class winner] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBZ3jO2Iq8o the youtube footage will show a speedo going where no kombi speedo has gone before. Nathan one of Volksmuller's techs drove the R for the first time without the aid of launch control [deactivated]to achieve a time of 23.15 sec at 225.9 kmph which was a fantastic result pushing 1403kg not including driver to a personal best. The golf R is a stage 2+ using the standard turbo charger with APR down pipe intercooler & tune along with a fuel pump and VWR intake. Volksmuller look forward to competing next year and recommend others with VAG products to do the same ,at the end of the day it's fun and who know's you may walk away with bragging rights

Good to meet you also Tommie - sorry we didn't catch up with you until we were on our way out as it would have been great to chat more about the GTI. You guys in the FWD class were running a good 2 seconds faster than the winning time from 2013!

There's certainly very little between my old R and Seb's car in terms of times, which is interesting as we couldn't have gone about getting to that point in more different ways. It's all about power-to-weight in these events, and where I just threw some horsepower at the problem his car would have to be well more than 100kg lighter and no doubt far better setup for motorsport. It's a shame I didn't get the chance to talk to him about the car - would have been interesting to learn what work he's done. Maybe we'll meet up next year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast