Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading A5 frt sensors

Users Country Flag

Have my camera, wiring harness, heater mat and adapter mounts.
    Waiting on a few trim pieces from VW but they are just to hide the cabling and camera, won't hold up the installation.
    New windscreen should be installed over the weekend then I'll need to run the calibration routines and do some testing!
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Are you installing this on a Passat that doesn’t have he front camera assist installed already?
    Would you also be able to provide the part numbers of the cables heater mats etc.
    Did you get the camera used from eBay, the camera parts don’t have VIN identification right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes my car is a B6 and doesn't have any camera at all currently.

You can see the part numbers in the photos for the camera and heater mat.
    This is the harness:
    Lane assist Lane keeping system Wire/cable/Harness For Golf 7 MK7 Passat B8 MQB CARS-in Car Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The camera can be second hand, but it has to be calibrated using ODIS and the right calibration board which also encodes the VIN into the camera.
    Last edited by kamold; 02-08-2018 at 11:47 AM. Reason: incorrect link
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

So I wouldn’t need the heater mat or the wiring harness if I have the lane assist installed already but mine is the 3AA series.
    What about the 3D printed mounting brackets for the camera? How are you managing with those?

Users Country Flag
    If you already have a camera its a straight swap, apart from the difference in the mount.
    You can see the yellow 3d printed adapters in the camera module photo. A friend of mine in Europe had them made and sent them to me along with the camera and heater mat.

The heater mat is 3G0 862 505 right?
    Would it be possible to buy the 3D printed mounts from you?

Users Country Flag
    I'll see if I can get some more made up sure.
    You then will need to either go to a dealer or get the calibration board made up and run through the procedure with ODIS.

Users Country Flag
    Installed and working.
    Just waiting on new trim pieces to cover it all up.

Traffic signs work with the Australian map? I thought functionality would be limited again. Is it because it’s a camera from European vehicle?

Users Country Flag

It gives an error saying limited but it works fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12