Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyre Pressure Warning Light - Can't See Forest For The Trees!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
    Ah, eBay - 433Mhz. Might be worth my while then?

Regards removing the sensors and replacing with new, I assume it's plug-and-play from an electrical point-of-view as long as they're 433MHz?

I assume I have to deflate each tyre in turn then and somehow pry the tyre back on the wheel where the valve is to get at the sensor on the inside of the wheel? Thought this would need a tyre shop - I only have have fairly basic tools...
    The sensor is a part of the tyre valve. A reputable tyre shop will swap them for you. I’d probably wait till I need new tyres.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just before I do the tyres then I'll get a set of 4 x 433MHz sensors (ITM Brand) on eBay - will cost me c. AUD180 to get sent to me from USA. Will see if the tyre fitter can install them.

Just one question, not sure why they don't sell a set of 5 to accommodate the spare? If the spare didn't originally have one fitted then I've lost track of which wheel is now the spare? Maybe one of the wheels on now doesn't have a sensor (originally designated spare wheel?) and the wheel with the sensor is in the boot? Is there any way of telling externally?

Users Country Flag
    What is the current spare? If it's a matching alloy wheel then it might, if it's anything else (especially a space saver) it probably doesn't since it's only designed to get you to a repair/replacement place.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

It's a matching alloy, so probably need to buy 5 sensors.

Users Country Flag
    I also have the same problem of a flashing then permanent tyre pressure warning light - presumably due to a TPMS battery going flat in a valve. It's amazing the batteries have lasted since the car's build year of 2006!

I too will wait till I need new tyres to change all 5. Thanks for the eBay tip! I do have access to VCDS to disable the function but the owners manual talks about holding down the button in the centre console for more than 10 seconds to disable. Is this a permanent fix?
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Your tyre pressure sensors have batteries in them. They are at the end of the useful life.
    You'll need to replace the sensors, the batteries are embedded in them.
    Passat has direct TPMS using sensors in the tyre stems, with the receiver integrated in the CCM behind the glovebox.
    HECK! Does my Golf R build August 2018 have batteries in the sensors? No mention in my Owner manual but omission of that sort of advanced info. wouldn't surprise. Please let me know & if so it will be duly noted in my manual.
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    No you don't have tpms direct.
    It's indirect via the wheel speed sensors being monitored by the abs.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Thx kamold. Following my nomination, look out for a knighthood on Australia Day.
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    Thx kamold. Following my nomination, look out for a knighthood on Australia Day.
    I'll be waiting by the mailbox...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12