Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passat CC Window Switches - Where To Source

Users Country Flag

Passat CC Window Switches - Where To Source

2009 Passat CC 2.0L TDI.

I need the power window switches (4 switches in the module) for the driver's door - just the module with the four rocker type switches (the side mirror adjustment knob, window lock switch and plastic chassis and wiring are all good). This is what is written on the module in question which I pulled out of the main plastic chassis/frame in the driver's door:

GERMANY 2558 HELAG HLN 3C8 959 857 >PC+ABS-GF10

Waiting on feedback from VW dealer but I've seen these on ebay and alibaba. Does anyone know where to source (don't want second-hand from the wreckers as the plastic rocker switches would likely already be worn) these modules (4 rocker switches) - the chrome front edge wraps around a little and the copies on ebay don't seem to do this. Copy shown below:

Users Country Flag
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah, seen these copies on AliExpress and alibab.com - the chrome edging is not quite the same as the genuine ones though (follows the front edge only, whilst with the genuine article the chrome edging wraps down the side a few millimetres). Anyway, perhaps being too fussy! Still don't have a price from VW - reckon it will be high and not even sure if they sell this part separately?

Found a copy via alibaba.com (normally they want you to buy multiple pieces) and they will sell a unit as per the picture for USD 8.00 shipped to Australia. Hopefully when it arrives it looks something like the picture?! I guess if it's not a big spend then if it looks crap when it arrives then it's not a big deal.

Have you bought any switches through Aliexpress or elsewhere?

Users Country Flag
    In the picture it has the chrome edging going all around the lifter.
    Look for the part number on Ali express 3C8 959 857 there are heaps of them.
    I have a full set of chromed switchgear from Ali in my car which replaced the boring black switches.
    No issues in the almost 3 years they have been installed.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    In the picture it has the chrome edging going all around the lifter.
    Look for the part number on Ali express 3C8 959 857 there are heaps of them.
    I have a full set of chromed switchgear from Ali in my car which replaced the boring black switches.
    No issues in the almost 3 years they have been installed.
    You're a champ - big thanks for the advice and reassurance! I'll go ahead with Ali then - will order now (still no reply from VW dealer, and anyway I expect they'll cost the earth!). The genuine VW rocker switches themselves aren't very rugged are they - plastic at the central pivot point on each switch just breaks away with frequent use.

Now, next thing on the agenda for the 2009 Passat CC is the plastic bracket that holds the folded-up safety warning triangle on the underside of the boot lid. Have seen several of the plastic brackets on Ali but they all mention Audi - wonder if they're the same for the Passat CC? I know the Audi triangle doesn't fully fold up like the Passat CC triangle. Anyway, will see what I can do now the switches are sorted.

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Part number for the bracket is 3C8680285.
    Not sure if these are available outside of the VW parts network.
    Worth checking with your dealer they probably aren't too much.

Thanks for that. By the way, just got a price from VW dealer for the 4 rocker switches module - $140! The rotary external mirror adjust switch is $109!

Bought this one from Aliexpress for AUD 14.10 (includes P&H) - though will have to wait a little while; this is nearly a tenth of the local VW dealer price (AUD 140.00) if I went and picked it up.

Module is fantastic! Installed now for close on 7 months - works an absolute treat and looks a treat; saved a bag! Was easy to install - literally 5 minutes! This looked as good/better than the original module - examined it with a fine tooth comb. I'm sure there are others being sold on Aliexpress that maybe aren't quite as good - "Devil is in the Detail".

Thanks for the update - I bought it based on your post. I had the same concerns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast