Thread: Passat CC resale value

Users Country Flag

Passat CC resale value

Hi All,

Just wonder what everyone thinks about resale on a Passat CC TDI. Tossing up between 3 & 4 year leases and what the resale will be at the end of each lease.

Worth noting that car will have 75k kms after 3 years and 100k kms after 4 years. Input appreciated.

Cheers
    Daniel

Users Country Flag
    I'd say around 55% - 60%.

I've always gone 3 years with a higher residual as opposed to 4 years with a lower residual and have always had equity at the 3 years mark meaning I can upgrade into something new again which has a full warranty. on the R36 I'm running a novated lease so am using a new broker, but prior to that i've always used BMW Finance who have always been the most competitive, irrespective of what you're buying.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thinking I'll go with the 3 year lease, 4 years does not actually work out to be any better financially and selling with over 100k kms has a bit of a stigma attached.

Cheers guys.

Users Country Flag

Difficult

Always hard to say with a new model but the good news is a 'CC' is similar to the normal Passat. The CC is a great car so if you were to base your calculations on a normal (but still great) Passat, you'd have to be safe (I hope - this is not financial advice disclaimer etc etc).

Have a look at Redbook trade-in price, and what dealers are charging for 3/4 year old Passats of similar description (deduct an rough $4/5k for their profit) and that will give you an idea of their 'owe' price is or what they paid for the car (this is the true 'trade' value).

Apply these depreciation percentages to your car and it should give you an indication (we can't predict the future) of where your car will be.

If it were me, I'd absorb a little pain on a monthly basis, rather than cop a 'near fatal' injury come payout time - ie, play safe! Base your affordibility on the lowest residual value. If you're novating, any excess monies go into an account.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggermedumplings View Post
    Hi All,

Just wonder what everyone thinks about resale on a Passat CC TDI. Tossing up between 3 & 4 year leases and what the resale will be at the end of each lease.

Worth noting that car will have 75k kms after 3 years and 100k kms after 4 years. Input appreciated.

Cheers
    Daniel
    Not sure if you are going for a Novated lease, I would go for the higher depreciation (= lower balloon) as when you buy the car at the end of the lease and sell it privately your profit is tax-free. Nice little earner at the end of the lease whilst the taxman is supporting your higher repayments..... depending what tax bracket you are in, this could work out ok for you. Especially considering the CC will likely be a popular car in the second-hand market in a few years and should sell quite easily for a good price.
    R36 Wagon, blue, sunroof, towbar, auto tailgate, MDI, and now with upgraded sound system
    1969 TL1600 Fastback
    Suzuki GSX1400, Yamaha XVS1100 Bobber
    ....fairings are for scooters!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes gone with a novated lease, 3 yrs. Residual is around the $23k mark inc GST so a tidy profit will be had
    2010 Passat CC TDI | Sat Nav | RVC | Park Assist | Active Seats | Adaptive Cruise | Fiscon Basic Plus | H&R Sports | 19" Kahn RSC 2-Piece