Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passat CC Part Info

Passat CC Part Info

As pointed out by another member, not needed so taken off for the prosperity of the forum
    Last edited by plasmod3; 08-01-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: As fuzion pointed out not needed! will keep it to myself!

as above not needed
    Last edited by plasmod3; 08-01-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Hey Plasmod, great post. I am interested also.

It seems to me that in this day and age of luxury tax (LCT), it would be wise for dealers to be a little more innovative in accepting orders for retrofitting a number of options for cars post sale.
    MY10 Passat CC V6 - RNS510, GPS, RVC, self park, dynaudio, cooling seats!

Definitely Leagle, I am taking a bold step forwards & bought myself online a radar module as well as rvc 'kit' Hopefully will receive them soon to figure out how to install it. the radar cruise control module is manufactured by this company http://www.autocruise.net/flash.html & they probably will be able to help with the install i hope.

Also found out about footwell lights & door warning lights that can be installed as well. Will update when i find more info. Hopefully everyone can contribute to this thread & make it a great resource for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmod3 View Post
    Definitely Leagle, I am taking a bold step forwards & bought myself online a radar module as well as rvc 'kit' Hopefully will receive them soon to figure out how to install it. the radar cruise control module is manufactured by this company http://www.autocruise.net/flash.html & they probably will be able to help with the install i hope.

Also found out about footwell lights & door warning lights that can be installed as well. Will update when i find more info. Hopefully everyone can contribute to this thread & make it a great resource for everyone.
    Thats great! Definitely looking forward to see how you go esp with acc.

Re the footwell lights/door warning lights, its funny how much its actually starting to irritate me that they don't work! Particularly since the CC does such a good job of illuminating the path to the car door (but not beyond!)

Users Country Flag
    If you get a total cost and "how to" on the installation of the Adaptive Cruise Control, I'd be keen to know. It's the ONLY option I couldn't tick on the R36 but the ONLY one I really wanted.

Hi Leagle/Rocket,

I think the door lights as well as the footwell lights are there only if you have the trim package, otherwise it will have to be retrofitted on unfortunately. The process seems simple enough though & the lights are probably 40-50 for a pair

Yeah ACC is quite a challenge. The sensor module & the holder pin to the badge is not a problem. I have a proper harness but from the looks of it it is not just 1 connector but rather 5-6 of em. I will give vw a call tomorrow to seem if they have a schematic on install. I guess thats the hard part finding out how to install these things as i am sure given the right instructions anything can be installed

The good news re your passat rocket is that there are quite a few radar modules out there for the passat - european market i believe The trick is finding out what revision of the radar module works best for you, It goes from A to J & J is the latest i am lead to believe.

Btw Rocket, did you figure out how you made your alt speed display km/h? Am real keen to making that change

Users Country Flag
    Hi Plasmod,

If you find that retrofitting ACC isn't to difficult,I'd sure as hell be interested! Like Rocket, it's not an option for whatever reason on the R36 much too my disappointment.

I've got ACC on my current ride and as someone who drives around 35,000km per year with work it's absolutely awesome and a great bit of kit!

Cheers,

Dr Block

Acc is more involved i'm afraid, vw could not provide any installation information as i have asked. Hmm anyone here on the forum works for vw? I am sure they have something in their database that will advise on the install of the ACC.

We can get the parts but wiring? The devils in the details. Hope the company autocruise replies to my email.

Also updated list with additional shopping bag hook.

btw this is an interesting TMC thread...apparently...we might be able to get TMNC on our RNS-510s! http://vwnavi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2660

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Block View Post
    Hi Plasmod,

If you find that retrofitting ACC isn't to difficult,I'd sure as hell be interested! Like Rocket, it's not an option for whatever reason on the R36 much too my disappointment.

I've got ACC on my current ride and as someone who drives around 35,000km per year with work it's absolutely awesome and a great bit of kit!

Cheers,

Dr Block
    Whats your current ride?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast