Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passat CC Part Info

Quote Originally Posted by plasmod3 View Post
    Acc is more involved i'm afraid, vw could not provide any installation information as i have asked. Hmm anyone here on the forum works for vw? I am sure they have something in their database that will advise on the install of the ACC.

We can get the parts but wiring? The devils in the details. Hope the company autocruise replies to my email.

Also updated list with additional shopping bag hook.

btw this is an interesting TMC thread...apparently...we might be able to get TMNC on our RNS-510s! http://vwnavi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2660
    When I spoke to the dealer post sale, I was informed they will not retrofit the ACC. I suspect that aside from the challenge of retrofitting ACC radar and wiring etc, there is also the challenge of fitting front assist. Presumably the dash would need to also be replaced to indicate the correct indicator for ACC. Maybe one day....

In the meantime, I wouldn't worry to much about ACC. Unless you do a lot of prolonged freeway driving it will likely get little use (that was my rationale when I put my order in). I am actually more annoyed for not having front assist (which comes with the ACC as a package) than the ACC itself.

Thinking about your optionless car and what I most enjoy about mine so far, I have good news for you.

The kufatek premium blue tooth is probably the most valuable to me so far. Aside from the fact that it syncs with my iphone (bringing up contacts and allowing me to program 6 numbers as a speed dial), it has even allowed me to play tunes on the iphone wirelessly thru the car's speakers. Pretty cool. You should be able to fit one as a accessory easily.

The RNS510 is also a great option to have. From what I have seen, you should be able to retrofit one. The camera is good to have but the rear sensor guide is good too.

Park assist is very cool - and gets lots of oohs and ahs from friends - but I could easily live without it.

I really enjoy the dynaudio system. But I would probably be happy with the stock system.
    MY10 Passat CC V6 - RNS510, GPS, RVC, self park, dynaudio, cooling seats!

Users Country Flag
    Hi Leagle,

I'm currently driving a Lexus IS250 Sport Luxury until my R36 appears in March.

I've found the ACC to be fantastic,extremely useful when driving on freeways and long country drives.

Cheers,

Dr Block

Updated the first post today with additional info on how to increase the hd capacity of the RNS 510.

Have a few upgrades on the way..

1. rns 510 - am waiting for it to arrive. once here will install it, do a firmware upgrade with 2660. I managed to get an original copy of the maps for aud150. I think i was lucky there else that could cost more than 1k according to the posts on the forum. Although the reason i think for the cheap price is that V3 maps will be coming out soon. No biggie though An upgrade map disk is only around 300-400 from whereis / dealers.

2. cd changer. waiting for the changer module to arrive but rest of parts is all assembled.

3. reverse camera. waiting for parts to arrive but i did manage to get the kufatec guide on installing it so am keen to wait & see if it will install right.

4. am thinking of getting the dynaudio speaker package off the web. All the parts minus the harness could be had for around 400 euros although the install is a problem since someones gotta be happy to help you install without you buying the parts off him. Will wait & see on this.

5. was going to get the acc radar control module. But installing it is probably quite involved & if the install is as involved as it is for the lane assist module (which interestingly also has a 'fatigue' sensor build in according to some docs i was reading) probably not for the faint hearted.

As for bluettooh, i had the skoda 9w3 d installed leagle Kit cost me 400 all up & was installed by the dealer. (no extra cost at that part of buying the car deal). It works quite well & am planning to get voice control on the unit hence the skoda over the fiscon.

The additional shopping hook i fitted the other day was great as well now my wife can go 'all out' on her shopping trips (of which i always discourge! lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Block View Post
    Hi Leagle,

I'm currently driving a Lexus IS250 Sport Luxury until my R36 appears in March.

I've found the ACC to be fantastic,extremely useful when driving on freeways and long country drives.

Cheers,

Dr Block
    Hi Dr Block.

The IS 250 is a great car (though the R36 is gonna be better performance wise). I myself was considering the new IS 250 convertible and ISF (among other cars) before I put an order in for the CC.

However the IS250C was a little too slow for me (probably slower than yours thanks to additional weight) and the ISF was a little to expensive.

I have heard that the ACC on the Lexus cars are pretty good (as confirmed by you).

What are you going to do when you get the R36 though? I believe that ACC is not an option on them yet. Are you going to attempt to retrofit one?
    MY10 Passat CC V6 - RNS510, GPS, RVC, self park, dynaudio, cooling seats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12