Thread: Which model Spark Plugs for V6 3.6L BWS 220kW Engine? For CC & R36

Users Country Flag

Question Which model Spark Plugs for V6 3.6L BWS 220kW Engine? For CC & R36

My 3.6L V6 4Motion CC is up soon for a 60,000km service and I want to change the spark plugs myself. Looking at the Technical Data for this engine, the VW/Audi Part No is 101905622A. However this is RIDICULOUSLY expensive from the Stealers @ $48 ea

My research has uncovered a NGK Iridium plug that seem to closely match this (as they should being they are the OEM of the plugs fitted)
    NGK ILZKR8A aka 94290
    However, I can't find a definitive answer.
    My findings:
    The above plug part number is fitted to the detuned version of the BWS engine fitted to the Skoda Superb 3.6L, Porsche Cayenne V6, Audi Q7 2010 V6 3.6, and VW Touareg.

Ideally, I'd rather DENSO TT Iridium plugs but haven't found a match there. Closest I found was the IXEH22TT which matches the measurements but is one heat range hotter - which can be a problem in our hot climate

Any knowledge here?
    Last edited by Elmura; 01-09-2016 at 09:46 PM.

+1 which plugs should we use?
    2000 Audi S3 •
    |Revo Stage 2+ | Revo Select Plus| Custom 3" exhaust |
    |3" down pipe | 120cell High Flow cat | Forge Dump valve | |Wagner-tuning FMIC ||Big brake kit 355mm | coilovers |

Users Country Flag

The AU NGK site says ILZKR8A
    The USA NGK site says ILZKR7A
    7 is hotter than 8 so I'd steer towards the 8 for AU. They look to be $18 each posted on eBay

I think you are out of luck with Denso
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums