Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key not found after starting car

Key not found after starting car

I recently had an additional key coded for my 2012 VW cc (aftermarket) as one of the original keys has been lost.

Perhaps it is by coincidence, I have been having issues with my original key, where I get the "key not found" error message after starting the car and usually briefly after starting to drive. The centre console (seems like passenger side) also makes a short and rapid clicking sound (like a relay).

At first I thought it might be the battery in my key fob, which I replaced with a new and reputable branded battery. I have also voltage tested the key fob battery and it's ok,so not a dud.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this? And how can I fix this issue? Or troubleshoot it further?

See below a recording of the issue with the clicking sound and error message display.

Key issue - Album on Imgur

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by disco__dave; 29-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Is your car KESSY? (keyless with the push button start)
    Your IMGR link doesn't have anything in it.
    Also there is no such thing as a coincidence
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Is your car KESSY? (keyless with the push button start)
    Your IMGR link doesn't have anything in it.
    Also there is no such thing as a coincidence
    Hi there.

Yes it is kessy.

Imgur link fixed (I hope!).

Video is of a couple of occurrences with the rapid clicking sound then the dash "bell" and error display.

Users Country Flag
    What's your battery like?
    Car battery not key.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

What's your battery like?
    Car battery not key.
    Both car battery and key fob battery all ok

Ok, so, I found a guide online to "re-pair" a previously paired key, involving the emergency key lock, inserting fob into dash etc.
    I have made a few trips without receiving the key not found error, but I am still getting that rapid clicking sound every time the central locking is locked. any idea what that might be?

Users Country Flag
    The location you say the sound is coming from doesn't match the location of the elv, kessy module or BCM.
    Only thing I can think of is the epb which is under the centre console.
    It makes clicks when starting.

The location you say the sound is coming from doesn't match the location of the elv, kessy module or BCM.
    Only thing I can think of is the epb which is under the centre console.
    It makes clicks when starting.
    Thanks. I just tried to listen around whilst reproducing the sound (locking the doors) and it definitely sounds to be coming from the passenger footwell area/centre console. Back to the drawing board.

Users Country Flag
    Ah if it's passenger footwell that's where the CCM is - behind the glovebox.
    That's the module that contains the KESSY receiver/authorization.
    Sounds like it may be failing.

Ah if it's passenger footwell that's where the CCM is - behind the glovebox.
    That's the module that contains the KESSY receiver/authorization.
    Sounds like it may be failing.
    Uh oh. Are they expensive and/or difficult to replace?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast