Thread: Help Required To Finally Remove Door Actuator

Users Country Flag

Unhappy Help Required To Finally Remove Door Actuator

Hi,

Replaced a couple of door actuators before In my Land Rover, but this VW one is a bit tricky in comparison.

Help Required To Finally Remove Door Actuator-photo3-jpgHelp Required To Finally Remove Door Actuator-photo2-jpgHelp Required To Finally Remove Door Actuator-photo1-jpg

2009 Passat CC: Okay, have been very busy, but finally got around to replacing the electromechanical driver's door lock. Three pics are attached that show where I'm currently at.

What do I need to do next? Any direction for me? Door lock barrel and handle removed and door card removed.
    Something is still holding the inner (second) door card - the electromechanical lock is behind here (you can see the cable) but I still can't get to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
    Last edited by Deep Blue; 13-10-2021 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Error

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Aw, never followed up on this! Anyway, done a long time ago now. Used a second-hand actuator from GWP in Bayswater. Just a PITA access-wise - managed to do it without taking the window out (left it up) - bit of a Houdini job! Replaced several door card clips (bought from VW dealer), but bought the VW door trim tools from aliexpress. All perfect now. At least when the passenger door goes I know what to do now and it will be quicker.