Thread: Head unit replacement CC with Dynaudio

Users Country Flag

Head unit replacement CC with Dynaudio

Hello all CC users and Fans

My CC is 2013 model with Dynaudio. The sounds is good but when it comes to the easy of use and modern features, it lacks a lot. I was shopping around new Android head unit that can have Android Auto and Apple Car play but the seller is saying that with Dynaudio, it wont work. BTW, i was looking those head unit from Aliexpress costing around $400+.

Has anyone know what needs to be done to have those "Chinese" head unit installed?

Many thanks in advance.

RCD340 (RCD330 with CarPlay and Android Auto enabled)
    Is an example of a unit for sale.

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Other than that you could try and Pm Kamold. He is the resident expert and will give appropriate advice.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks sn809
    I have ended up buying an android aftermarket headunit which comes with apple carply and works with factory reversing camera and Dynaudio. havent finished all the wiring yet but it seems working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by im2buzy View Post
    Thanks sn809
    I have ended up buying an android aftermarket headunit which comes with apple carply and works with factory reversing camera and Dynaudio. havent finished all the wiring yet but it seems working fine.
    Hey, could you please share some details and links about the radio you have bought for your CC? I'm facing the same problem as I have bought the RCD 330+ from Aliexpress and it works but just kinda, the radio signal is much weaker, RDS problems as as there is no digital radio the original icons for radios are missing, no support for the OEM camera and most importantly the Android auto is a complete joke.

Google keeps changing stuff just as you go and you need to have the phone connected all the time by stupid cable. You or passenger cant use the navigation or anything while you are moving. There is very limited selection of apps for the android auto, while you are using Waze some featuers which are avaialble on other devices are suddenly not available on Android auto, like the average speed camera zones, on phone it works on AA it dont and on and on.

I have decided to sell the RCD330+ and replace it with with proper android head unit where i will have all the features and i dont have to connect my phone for them, only thing i want to connect the phone for are actual calls.

Now the important part, as i have the premium audio(VW Audio System not as good as Dynaudio but better than the standard) selection of head-units is quite limited. I'm very interested which unit you had chosen at the end.

I'm also interested if you have the 26pin connection for your reversing camera and if the head unit you have chosen works with the OEM camera.

Please let me know.