Thread: Fault Code - 01027

Users Country Flag

Fault Code - 01027

Recently bought a Foxwell NT510 (use it for Land Rover and 2009 Passat CC 2.0L TDI - has software for both vehicles loaded).

Anyway, yesterday and today noticed the glowplug amber light (wife descriptively calls it the "Curly Wurly" light) came on and started flashing, then of the course the EML amber light followed. At this stage no issues with power or anything else.

So, today I attached the Foxwell NT510 with the vehicle in the driveway and turned ignition on to read codes. The Foxwell showed "01027 exhaust gas recirculation circuit" as the only fault code present.

Interestingly, the first time the "Curly Wurly" light came on yesterday I stopped the car and turned off the engine and opened the bonnet to look for anything obvious - even though the engine was off I could hear a buzzing sound (like a bee or wasp) from under the engine cover; I don't know if this is linked?

So seems like this fault code may indicate a problem with the EGR vacuum solenoid?

Is anyone able to assist with this problem? Is this something I can easily check and fix myself?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Started the Passat CC (2009 2.0L TDI) yesterday and then turned off the ignition after 5 seconds - lifted the bonnet and again heard a buzzing from underneath the engine cover - it was definitely the solenoid buzzing. So, pulled out the solenoid - has stamped on it the part number 1K0906283A and also has "MADE IN USA" stamped on it.

Fault Code - 01027-passat-cc-egr-solenoid-jpg

Checked the removed solenoid with a multimeter - has electrical continuity and shows a resistance of 37ohms from memory; of course, there could be a mechanical problem with the solenoid - spring or diaphragm? Anyway, after I re-assembled and went for a drive the "curly-wurly" light and the Engine Management Light have both gone. Have driven it several times now and the no warning lights have come on and driving just fine! Didn't replace the solenoid so not sure what the problem was??? I want to take off the throttle body and EGR valve and give them a good clean - I'm thinking this is reasonably easy? Will also clean the MAF, and the MAP if I can find it!

Any comments?
    Last edited by DeepBlue; 12-07-2018 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Added items I forgot to include originally.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Any thoughts from anyone? Will replace the N18 solenoid (relatively cheap) - looks like it is implicated in fault 01027?

Just one other thing, with a can of throttle body cleaner I assume it's a relatively easy job to remove the throttle body and EGR and clean with the throttle body cleaner - want to take my time and do a good job! Any comments? Anything to watch out for here? Do I need to "reset" the idle position with the Foxwell NT510 on the throttle body? What about EGR?

I assume cleaning the MAF with MAF cleaner is a piece of cake - have done it on other cars.

Can anyone direct me to written guides for the 2.0L TDI (2009 Passat CC)?