Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSG Oil specs?

Users Country Flag

Absolutely, and no need to remove the battery tray and complete air filter box. Definitely the wrong way of doing it, imagine all necessary work that is charged to the customer, or someone lacking the skill following that video and does some damage to the components that don’t even need to be touched.

Users Country Flag
    In my case, I didn't have to remove the battery because it's in the boot. However I did swing out of the way the metal bracket that holds the air box. Being the first time doing this job, I wanted clear access. I probably won't bother moving the bracket next time.

Overall, the job is A LOT simpler than I thought.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I finally got intimate with the CC last night...
    Thanks @Umai Naa!! for your info. I actually ordered it the same day as your comment, I just never got round to doing the job.

I ordered 6 bottles from Run Auto Parts. They were SWAG brand.

I'd say it was easier than expected - I actually spent most of the time trying to find the correct level for the gearbox so the oil would pour freely.

I used the top-pour with overflow method in combination with the OBDEleven to track the temperature of the oil.
    I definitely wouldn't use the measure-replace method. I always suspected I had a low DSG oil and the refill confirmed it.

Out came - just under 4L!
    I replaced it with 5.5L.
    And the overflow was almost 1L before it started dribbling at 45C.

Test driving today and last night seems good. I haven't had time to do the DSG re-calibration yet, but I can already tell that it's much less clunky and gear changes are "tighter".

Too early to tell whether some of my other DSG glitches I've been having have been re-solved though. Fingers crossed.

I'll update the first post with the torques I used for future reference. Feel free to comment.

Thanks again guys for your comments.
    2009 CC 3.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12