Thread: Boot won't open

Boot won't open

Hi All,
    So for some reason, the boot release on the boot lid of my 2012 cc (facelift model) has stopped working.

The boot will open if I use the release lever from the drivers seat or if I use the key fob, but not if I press the VW emblem release on the boot lid.

The vw symbol seems to still have some functionality as it still pops out with the reverse camera.

My research suggests this could be the wiring harness.
    VW have advised there are two harnesses for the car, one in the LHS, the other on the RHS, part numbers 3c8971182k and 3c8971192c. Does anyone know which harness connects to the VW emblem for opening the boot?

Any ideas how I can diagnose or what this could be?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by disco__dave; 02-12-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hi mate. I had the same problem 2months ago. I removed the trim on the left and found a broken wire near a connector. Don’t remember what colour though. If you can wait till Sunday I can take pictures and send

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Hi mate. I had the same problem 2months ago. I removed the trim on the left and found a broken wire near a connector. Don’t remember what colour though. If you can wait till Sunday I can take pictures and send
    That would be great, thank you.

How did you repair it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk