Thread: Battery Change Proceedure

Users Country Flag

Battery Change Proceedure

Just wondering what the proper battery change procedure is for my 2013 CC. I've already bought an original Varta AGM battery, but I'm wondering if whether I should connect a 'battery saver' while changing out the batteries to prevent the electronics from losing power (and memory/codes, etc.)

Would love to hear from someone with more experience. Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    You can connect the memory saver, but remember ignition Off.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Is there any risk to the computer systems/alarm/radio if I don't use a memory saver?

Users Country Flag
    You may end up with the airbag fault in instruments and need a scanner to reset it. Other faults should go away when you start driving. Also you will need to reset your windows anti pinch feature.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I had a local mechanic change the battery, however since then the start/stop system creates problems. When start/stop engages, the engine management system fails and I must put the car into 'park' to start up the car. Also I permanently have a warning light for the catalytic converter, and if I don't manually disable start/stop (and I let it fail while driving), I will have the engine management system warning light flash for the rest of my drive.

Any thoughts?

Users Country Flag
    I read some where that you must never connect the Earth directly to the Battery But to the Earth Terminal on the firewall other wise you will end up with fault codes

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jermaink View Post
    I had a local mechanic change the battery, however since then the start/stop system creates problems. When start/stop engages, the engine management system fails and I must put the car into 'park' to start up the car. Also I permanently have a warning light for the catalytic converter, and if I don't manually disable start/stop (and I let it fail while driving), I will have the engine management system warning light flash for the rest of my drive.

Any thoughts?
    You need to have it scanned for fault codes.

The Start/Stop may not function if there are faults logged.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

Where in Melbourne are you? I'm sure we can sort someone with a VCDS cable to run a scan for you. (I'm in 3137 and can help ).

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit