Support VWWC

Thread: 09 Passat CC

Users Country Flag

09 Passat CC

Hey guys so me Mechatronic is posting errors which is causing the engine light to flare up.

I have taken it to get the error codes read and apparently its either a faulty Mechatonic or Solenoid issue.

Essentially when changing from Park to Reverse or the other way, you can hear the gearbox try to engage the gear but it makes about 3-5 cluncky noises and then the gear indicator disappears and the car will just Rev freely and not move.

When this happens i have to turn the car off and back on again then it works fine...

Luckily I have 2 Passat CC's, the first one's Air manifold literally exploded and was all cracked. So I swapped the air manifold on the mechatronic failure one to the one which only had a cracked manifold.

Should I buy another manifold and install it in the broken DSG one then try to sell it? What would be a reasonable amount?

Also anyone else ever suffered from a unexpected gearbox failure???

Sorry for the long winded post with multiple issues!

Users Country Flag

Could be either the mechatronics, or clutches. Scan the trans for fault codes to try and narrow it down.
    Given it's an 09 it's likely an AJ revision which can be problematic. And given likely kms the clutches would likely be due to be replaced anyway.
    I couldn't in good conscience sell a car with a faulty gearbox unless you're fully disclosing it.
    Couldn't possibly give any guidance to a price without a lot more information on the car, condition etc.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500